News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Oil Power Plant

Started by ercsim, April 29, 2011, 12:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ercsim

I am having a little issue producing enough refined oil for oil power plants. Its Fuel Oil generation is set at 3%. How many refineries do i need to feed crude oil, before getting enough fuel oil to supply an oil power plant?
Experiments with Simutrans experimental + Pak128.Britain Experimental

jamespetts

Ercsim,

welcome to the forum, and thank you for your feedback! It is always good to have input from those playing the game; I do hope that you are enjoying Pak128.Britain-Ex.

The oil refinery issue is one that I have noticed recently: the next version will have a much higher ratio of fuel oil outputs from refineries to make this aspect of things make more sense.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ercsim

Yes, I am. This experimental set took away a lot of annoyance that I had with pak128 which i used to play. The consistent graphics and consistent development of this pak makes it very interesting.

cheers

jamespetts

I'm very glad that you like it! Any more feedback would be most welcome.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ercsim

I am wondering, whether it is possible for you to do something like this::

(avg output percentage) = (number of output NOT required)/(number of output possible) * 100%;

if a more realistic situation is required, then a modifier can be appended.

(unique output modifier)(avg output percentage) = (number of output NOT required)/(number of output possible) * 100%;

With these options in place, then, it would allow players to opt to play a single full chain of industry, instead of having to play all of the industries related.

jamespetts

I'm not sure that I fully understand this - can you elaborate?

ercsim

Example::

Oil refineries produce 4 different output.

If only one output is demanded, shouldn't the percentage of that output be scaled appropriately?

If I just utilized fuel oil, it would be best for the the production percentage to be set at 100%.

If 2 outputs (petrol and fuel) are demanded, shouldn't the percentage of the output be something like 50:50. Perhaps for a more realistic situation, a modifier can be inserted making it something like 60:40, or maybe 30:40, but at least the refineries are utilized close to its maximum capacity.

In other words, scale the output percentage of the industry depending on the number of output (types) demanded.

jamespetts

Ahh, no, this wouldn't work because the output ratios are based on the physics of the process itself: the manufacturer can't choose what proportion of oil will be turned into petroleum - it is a fixed proportion of the components of crude oil. The same applies with most other industries of the sort.

ercsim