Your feedback is important for us ;D.

interested in making graphics for this pak

Started by Tha1337er, May 13, 2011, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tha1337er

I want to help but I have no clue how to do any of the necessary things
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

It's excellent that you'd like to contribute - the more people that we get contributing, the better that Pak128.Britain will be. Have you seen this thread for guidance on how to produce graphics for the set? Do have a look at that, as it has lots of useful information.

The easiest way to start, I find, is to take existing Blender files (.blends) and make slight modifications to them to produce relatively subtle varieties of existing items, then gradually make things that are more and more different from the existing stock. Did you have any idea of the sorts of graphics that you would like to produce (e.g., buildings, vehicles, industries, roads, etc.)?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Tha1337er

I think I'd be able to start off with industries roads and maybe vehicles, I don't know all that much about the UK
Pak128 Britain FTW.

ercsim

Experiments with Simutrans experimental + Pak128.Britain Experimental

jamespetts

Industries are one of the harder things to do, as doing them involves making (mostly) large, multi-tiled buildings which then have to be cut using TileCutter. You are welcome to start with industries if you'd like, but you might find it easier to start with city buildings (one tile buildings, no cutting required) or vehicles (again, no cutting required).

Have you ever used Blender before?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Tha1337er

I have not used Blender, I have used SketchUp though.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

It's far easier to get objects from Blender into Pak128.Britain objects than from SketchUp. You might want to try downloading the latest version of Blender and having a go with the interface. The Blender graphics for Pak128.Britain are very rudimentary, as very little detail can be seen at 128x128 pixels at the relevant scale. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you some sample .blends for industries and vehicles if you'd like so that you can see what sort of things are made.

Tha1337er

Ill try blender, ill PM you my email(Note, my email was made about 2 years ago, it's kinda stupid)

EDIT:How exactly do i PM? It says I'm not allowed to PM
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

Ahh, you have to post in this thread to request the ability to send private messages. It's an anti-spam precaution, I think.

Tha1337er

Done. Now we wait for an admin to come by and enable them.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

Tha1337er

sorry for posting this way after this topic went dead, but i have Blender now.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

Tha1337er

Another late post, but how do I use Blender...its interface is highly confusing
Pak128 Britain FTW.

Milko

Hello

I learned by watching various tutorials on you tube.

Giusepp

ӔO

yes, blender is not exactly the friendliest of programs to learn. Still, I think there are worse.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

See here.  You will only need the basic features for making graphics for Simutrans.