News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

demo.sve (EX)

Started by Tha1337er, May 13, 2011, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tha1337er

I think there should be a demo.sve just for Pak128.Britain EX, I could make one, I am also slowly making a possible replacement for the standard demo.sve
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

The demo.sve currently used by Pak128.Britain-Ex is slightly adapted from the Standard variant, but I shan't discourage you from having a go at producing another one if you would like, especially if it showcases Experimental specific features.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Tha1337er

I'm thinking a key thing to have would be a section of mainline that has tracks on either side that let freight and express passenger trains to pass smaller freight trains, and some of the vehicles unique to EX
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

Hmm, I think that the existing demo.sve already has the former, and there are only a very few vehicles that are unique to Experimental, as most of the vehicles that I produce are backported into Standard.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Tha1337er

what i mean is that the mainline would have a length of 4 track, with lower grade track on the outside, so that the lighter local freight wont be getting ran over by an A4, because the middle 2 tracks will be heavier to allow mainline trains, but the outer rails would be not as heavy to not allow mainline trains to get hung up

EDIT:By the way, my replacement for the standard demo is coming along great.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

But why will the freight trains not also use the middle pairs (unless there are waypoints, perhaps)? This is more or less what is done with the existing demo.sve, with the addition that the freight loops have a larger number of signals, which, in effect, gives priority to the faster trains.

Tha1337er

Using track with different weight limits, therefor not allowing the mainline trains to even touch the side lines.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

ercsim

In this demo.sve, I believe it is crucial to demostrate the ability of simutrans experimental handling large amount of passengers. Small things like circle lines that never worked with the standard simutrans should be demonstrated.
Experiments with Simutrans experimental + Pak128.Britain Experimental

Tha1337er

...I don't think i completely understand
Pak128 Britain FTW.

ercsim

In simutrans standard, passenger generation is based on the number of cities connected. The more city connected, the more passengers are generated. This is an exponential growth. Normally in large maps, this becomes a huge problem. In experimental, the number cities connected doesn't affect passenger generation exponentially. It is based on, the travelling time and tonnes of sort. More passengers are generated within the cities, less for intercity.

Another major changes, is the passenger/path searching algorithm. Let say you have a bus network in a huge city. It is generally overcrowded, if everybody only wants to go to a point, which is your intercity exchange hub. Building a circle line, around the city, would simply solve the problem in experimental, but however, this wouldn't change anything in standard.

*Note that, my knowledge of simutrans standard is during 8x.xx versions*

jamespetts

Quote from: Tha1337er on May 14, 2011, 12:23:39 PM
Using track with different weight limits, therefor not allowing the mainline trains to even touch the side lines.

But how would you stop the freight trains using the main lines?

Tha1337er

Er......(I believe that in the UK the term is 'Bloody hell') I don't know..... >.>
Pak128 Britain FTW.

ercsim

Quote from: Tha1337er on May 14, 2011, 01:42:26 PM
Er......(I believe that in the UK the term is 'Bloody hell') I don't know..... >.>

LoL... The use of waypoints would solve this issue. But it is not experimental specific.

Tha1337er

Erm, I believe this calls for a (Look at picture)

EDIT:Lolwut?
Pak128 Britain FTW.

ercsim

Tha1337er

Its even a British train  :P
Pak128 Britain FTW.

jamespetts

I always wondered which terminus that this was.

Tha1337er

Whatever it was, its probably gone.

EDITED(cut out the rename)
Pak128 Britain FTW.

Tha1337er

Just a notice, work on my replacement of the standard demo.sve is halted, the EX has not yet been started.
Pak128 Britain FTW.

Guillaume

Quote from: jamespetts on May 14, 2011, 02:00:13 PM
I always wondered which terminus that this was.

It's a french train at Montparnasse station in Paris in 1895  ;)

See here for english : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gare_Montparnasse