News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Missing indication of maintenancecosts & Missing building possibility

Started by maister, November 01, 2008, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maister

Hello altogether

- In the purchase-menu, by all Bus-Stops and Trainbuildings the costs of maintenance behind the purchase costs. (I miss this information by much of buildings which one generate maintenance costs).
- Possibility of overbuilding the trainstations or bus-stops with other types of trainstations or bus-stops (like the overbuilding by the rails)
- Also possibility to overbuilding the rails with slower/older/cheaper rails.
- Possibility of breakaway of whole electrical-tower-lines (like the rails or streets)
- Possibility to replace only the locomotive in the depot (only with click`s on the locomotive) without lose the road map 

I thank you all for checking, discuss and maybe integrate this ideas!!! (I think this things would be improve the anyway ultimate quality of gameplay for player like me)
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

prissi

Well the first one is easy and will be in the next nightly. Overbuilding is not done because it would be very easy then to downgrad one main line by accident ...

Electric line deletion is not easily done, since those have no vehicles that can drive on them. Maybe there is a way, needs more though.

You can easily replace engine only for ages. Just click in the depot on the egine. The engine will be put into storage. change mode from append to move to front (or so) and put the new engine there. Start the train again.

maister

Thank`s ! First I don`t realize this button! And after i get the information from you, that there must be something, I needed still one minute to get it. (It is a unique "change"-button in the game???)

For me is now no problem. But i think also many players don`t realize this option. Therefore my next idea:
- the same size for this button like the other ones in the top
- exchange the button with 3 seperate button for select (put in front, put in back, selling)*. But also in the same size like the other one. In selected mode the button is down or colored or something like that. (like the buttons in the map)

* maybe other words; i`m a newbie in english and play with german wording :)

- Is that all to much work or too disputed i have a budget solution; Change of the standart adjustment for this button to "put in front" instead of "put in back". With the effect that beginners also can change the Engine without know this button. That then the new wagons included from the front instead of the back is only a little difference.
*ups not good.. i testet this idea now accurately. In the case, if there a Engine in the front its not anymore possible to put new wagons in the front (behind the engine). But why its blocking if there a engine in the front? It`s anyway not possible to have a wagon in the front of the hole train. (in the back yes, but not in the front) There should by a porgramming code which one says: <there is a engine in the front, therefore put the wagon behind the engine> ???  If yes, is this solution realisable :D yes i have no idea about...
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

prissi

This is defined in the back. There are a few engines, that can run in the back. But most cant.

whoami

@maister: You put several extension requests in one forum topic. In the future, please open a new topic for each of them, unless they are closely related.

Quote from: maister on November 01, 2008, 05:47:53 PM
- Also possibility to overbuilding the rails with slower/older/cheaper rails.
This is possible by holding down the "Ctrl" key (German: "Strg") wenn building. However, this works only on straight pieces of track (and road).

z9999

Is it possible to show maintenance cost of headquarter on tooltips in  finance window ?

z9999

Thank you. But it works only for the first level.