News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Landscape designing / post your screenshots here

Started by maister, November 02, 2008, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maister

Your landscape is boring? Try to build a realistic looking river, with a spring in the hills, winding course through the hill or canyon and estuary mouth in the ocean.

For a "realistic looking" spring, you can use the canals for the ships and artful placed trees.

Please also post your special ideas here! Thank you!

" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

gauthier

I think it would be nice if there is a sort of public canal (a canal wich looks like a river and is built by public service as city roads).

better : rivers already placed in default maps to have canyons for example.

maister

QuoteI think it would be nice if there is a sort of public canal (a canal wich looks like a river and is built by public service as city roads).

Sure!! That would be very nice!!!  ;D Also waterfalls or stone-texture for placement.. and and and, i have many ideas.
But now i work with that waht is available.

IgorEliezer

Hello,

I have a question: this topic is a Help Request?  ;)

I'll be be back.

See you later,

maister

Hmpf... every time i write something i make something wrong   ::)  :D

Explication of this section:
Post here your questions about how to play Simutrans.

And i ask for other solutions how to play with nice landscape. And i post my solutions by the way for example whats a good solution.  ;D

But you are right, it is not 100% correct placed here  :-\ 
I try really to make an effort. (I would not makes a negative impression with my topics) sorry!  :)
If you would help me.. to find the way of correctnes in Forum. Please switching this topic to the right place... but where? Simutrans Discussion, its also not 100% correct ? This topic should help.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: maister on November 02, 2008, 06:49:06 PM
Post here your questions about how to play Simutrans.

If someone has a question that's because he has a problem about how to play and needs help. ;)

Quote from: maister on November 02, 2008, 06:49:06 PM
But you are right, it is not 100% correct placed here  :-\ (...) If you would help me.. to find the way of correctnes in Forum. Please switching this topic to the right place...

No problem, nor worry. I'm moving this topic to Simutrans Discussion. For me, this topic is to discuss about ideas for a good landscape.  :)

Thanks for replying, ;D

VS

Heh, I tried creating something like this... The main problem is that terraforming the landscape is quite a lengthy process.

Rivers... yes, everyone wants them :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

Firstly, I like too much maister's landscapes. I valorize a lot sceneries creation, especially if I want to justify the design of my roads. :D

Quote from: VS on November 02, 2008, 11:20:34 PM
Rivers... yes, everyone wants them :D

It would be nice. I remember Hajo said something about coding a river. I don't know how much it'd be hard to achieve, but I guess ground-objects could act like rivers. Or not?

VS

I would rather like "real" rivers with boats on them. I also remember Hajo talking about climates... and look, here they are!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Color42

How about some elevated highways, I stole this idea from the Japanese simutrans page but works well and looks really nice.
But I'm not sure it qualifys as landscaping :D how ever to build em like this you need to elevate the ground level.
The pak i use to get the highways can be found in the Japanese Simutrans site, works well and brings a more realistic feel to the game,
since most city's these days have some sort of highway.

Elevated highways

How to build elevated highways

On ramps (Simple)

Highway intersection
Never Stand Down

maister

Nice! I would try to build as soon as possible a double elevated highway over a canyon.
I would post the screenshot. "happy"

For all which one not know where you can find the pak128 addons from Japan, please follow following links:

For the highways:
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FRoadTools%201

For a overview of addons: (please make sure, that you download a addon for your pak (pak64 or pak128 or PAK128.Japan))
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?%A5%A2%A5%C9%A5%AA%A5%F3#wd19ad78

maister

a double elevated highway over a canyon (from both side/second at night)  ;D

Can you imagine how it`s look if there driving some Truck`s and Trains over the bridge?...  build your own!! and post it here  ;D ;D

prissi

Very nice screenshots! Reminds me, that we have very few great screenshots around.

VS

IgorEliezer

Quote from: VS on November 03, 2008, 10:20:14 PM
There is the screenshots subdomain(...)

Is there a way of a member signing up for an account there? If so, we might save some webspace of forum attachments folder as well as we would reactivate an good "Simutrans service".  :)

Color42

Don't know if you guys seen this one already but for those that haven't its show a major transport network of these highways.
Running Highways Japanese pak128
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4BcD6uN5H8
Never Stand Down

Color42

Quote from: IgorTekton on November 04, 2008, 07:01:41 AM
* Igor has got heart attack for awesome-ness *

Hehehehehehe yeah I have to agree the Japanese guys bring the game to a hole new level in my opion
Never Stand Down

maister

Uhuh..... if you replace the passengers with data-packages you got the architecture of a computer-processor  :D  but also... that looks like that, not very nice. (  ;D i miss a Landscape designing)
Oh my guinnes!! How long he need for building and coordinate that. But otherwise to placing a highway over a flat country in this length and make a Line with 1000 Buses is not very very very very time-consuming.

Edit: ok, 1000 Buses  ;D  bawdy
Edit: ok, the holidays are consumed

maister

For my opinion it look also very nice if you build the water-canals engrossed in the landscape. Also very nice to now is that you can build the high voltage power line over a canal. That is to say, if you have a "natural" river which one you would cross over, build on this zone just a man-made canal.

View from the other side:

IgorEliezer

maister, could you host these screenshots here http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files ?

I want to avoid double-posts in this forum as well as I want to limit the consumption of forum bandwidth and attachments space (too limited, unfortunately  :-\).

EDIT: Thanks.

maister

Done, but please clean up now the http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/ ... as always i make some mess by the first time. (.. hihi.. please think not too profounded about)

Some pictures (with the autor "unbekannt") are now on the server ...  :-\  that`s mine, can you please assign this to me? After i would delet all and upload a better size which one looks nicer in the forum.

thanks...  :-\  :-X  :-\

whoami

Quote from: maister on November 04, 2008, 07:59:36 PM
Some pictures (with the autor "unbekannt") are now on the server ...  :-\  that`s mine, can you please assign this to me?
Anonymous uploads will expire after one day anyway, so just upload new files, and then replace the links in your posts.