News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[in devloppement] High buildings

Started by gauthier, November 02, 2008, 07:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Oh, really nice... like Burgeroo's slogan: I'm loving it! :D

Václav

Very simple design. Mirror effect on walls is strange but roof garden is very good.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

The SNFOS website isn't avaible since Villeme (the hoster of the site) is moving.
I don't know when it will be online again :(

gauthier

Since the Sequoia isn't drawn yet, I have made this as RES09.

gauthier

a bit ... fantastic design with some antique architecture ...

Fabio

i like them but for their ground level: how can they not to fall? i suggest 4 columns on the corners (and a entrance door ;))...

VS

I am sure Igor could tell you how to build that... seems certainly possible. I know that in Bratislava is hq of national broadcasting company a building in shape of inverted pyramid, and it does not fall apart, too...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

A colorful one to make our cities more amazing ;)

gauthier

one again, cubic design, concrete and glass ...

Fabio

just a curiosity: does the small ones have 2 orientation as well? it would be nice.

gauthier

of course it has, all have snowy graphics ;)

Usually I show all sizes ans all orientation only for the biggest one.
I show snowy graphics only if it really changes the aspect of the building.

Fabio

Alex. Brose

Where do you get your inspiration for those building architectures? I am really wondering about that. xD
Some buildings could even descend from movie "Bladerunner".

I don't play games in 2100+ but they are really interesting to the core. :)

gauthier

Inspiration ... I get it everywhere and sometimes I'm thinking on a building and think too "it could be nice for Simutrans" ;)
Usually, these ideas are just shapes of buildings, I add some other things after (like the electronic stuff on the last one).

I saw Bladerunner but the film is always is night so buildings can't be well seen :(

sojo

I have planed pak96.comic should have new buildings for 2020-2050. If you could make one of this buildings at a 96x96 tile then I can test it.

If you try it, can you make the building only the half height? This height is too much for pak96.comic.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

gauthier

... pak96 has clearly not the same style of drawing, it would need complete redrawing, unfortunately I have too much projects after High buildings so I don't think I will do it.

But sources will be downloadable at the end. As MLM dev. sources, they will be free for using ;)

sojo

Quote from: gauthier on February 17, 2009, 02:18:03 PM
But sources will be downloadable at the end. As MLM dev. sources, they will be free for using ;)

You should do what you have to do! I will wait for source and than I make some testes. Or can you send me one source for testing?

gauthier

I'm uploading source files ...

Last one : (it's a futuristic underground complex, light enters by roof's window.)

vilvoh

Interesting design. Looks like a barracks from Starcraft.. ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

all sources uploaded :D
=> http://graphics.simutrans.com/thumbnails.php?album=51

QuoteInteresting design.
I wanted to break (very)high buildings ... I will make other ... gardens like that.

sojo

gauthier

For this one ... Many thanks for PatrickN's trees, they are very important in this COM13 ;)
=> http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=321.0

You can see(and use) other parts as metal columns and fences
=> http://graphics.simutrans.com/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=25

Spike

Maybe a bit uneasy to the eye first, but definitely very creative ideas for buildings!

gauthier

I planned to do :
21 RES
21 COM
12 IND
(multiples of 3 because they will be presented 3 by 3 on SNFOS website :D )

The last one is an industrial, rusty, dirty, maybe strange  :o

gauthier

I won't be there for a week, I think I will develop some buildings during this time ;)

gauthier

Last buildings are now included in pak file downloadable here :
=> http://files.filefront.com/buildingSNFOS+Highzip/;13387189;/fileinfo.html

ALL old night problems are completely removed ;)

Unfortunately I have many problems with SNFOS website, joomla is full of bugs and I can't upload any pictures since the last update. I'm searching for an other software.

Trukker

Very good job.

I tried in simutrans and i was a bit disapointed because they are beautiful alone but in a  big city they are in block.

Is it possible to change the growing of the city to not put all the hight building together ?

Anyway thanks for the hight buidings.

gauthier

Since Filefront has deleted all my files, I hosted again high buildings, sources are already avaible on graphic simutrans. (see the first post of this topic).

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...