News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Some tourist attractions (UFO incident and others)

Started by vilvoh, November 02, 2008, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skreyola

Quote from: vilvoh on July 15, 2009, 07:12:04 PM
A new WIP of Archaeological sites, the release is very close.. ;D

Hmm... is there any way to make it not place where it would have to modify the ground level? It looks a bit odd to have it appear with a wall, like the fossils were trucked in after the ground was leveled.
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Combuijs

QuoteHmm... is there any way to make it not place where it would have to modify the ground level?

No.

Maybe you can think of it as a part already cleared away. Maybe they started the excavation because they were removing the natural hill and found some ancient walls.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

Ladies and gentlemen, a WIP of the Taj Mahal...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Spike

The worlds most epic monument of love. I hope it will become really epic, even in Simutrans :)

vilvoh

In addition to Taj Mahal, I'm also working in two thematic buildings: an aztec/mayan pyramid and a shogun castle.

DirrrtyDirk

May I beg you to render the Japanese Castle for me in 128 size as well, once it's done? I could use it for a Japan related project of mine... por favor, PLEASE!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

Sure, but you'll have to fix things and increase the detail level with a painting program, as the textures I'm going to use are not high quality.

DirrrtyDirk

vilvoh

Well, after all those promises here you have the release of Kingsbridge Cathedral!!

vilvoh

The Shogun castle is almost finished, have a look...

@Dirty Dirk. do you want the four views or it's enough with one? in that case, which one?

DirrrtyDirk

Good question... on the one hand four rotations are always nice, on the other hand it's often more or less a waste of memory, since not that much more to be seen...

If it's not too much work, I think four are good start - I can still leave some out when I get to work on it - if we do it the other way round I might have to bother you again...  ;)

Joker

The Taj!! Nice!! I thinks is one of the coolest structures man has ever built. Even better now that it has be created for Simutrans!!!

Cheers Joker
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

vilvoh

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on November 26, 2009, 11:46:51 PM
If it's not too much work, I think four are good start - I can still leave some out when I get to work on it - if we do it the other way round I might have to bother you again...  ;)

Well, I don't know. I'll have to push F12 three times more, which is very annoying... :::)

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vilvoh on November 27, 2009, 12:25:11 AM
Well, I don't know. I'll have to push F12 three times more, which is very annoying... :::)

That's why I'm so reluctant to ask...  ;D

vilvoh

The aztec ruins are finished and The Taj Mahal only needs the textures.

@DirrrtyDirk: The pak128 version of the shogun castle is at graphics.simutrans.com. I only apply a sharpen filter to the image.

DirrrtyDirk

Thanks! I just downloaded it, but I've no idea yet when I'll be going to start working on it.

vilvoh

Shogun castle finished, with winter version.

EDIT: the aztec ruins, now called Teotihuacan ruins, are also available for downloading. It only appears in tropical climate.

kylearalar

where can i download The Gigantor monument?

Quote from: vilvoh on July 06, 2009, 09:02:02 PM
I'm now working in a new tourist attraction for desert climate: archaeological remains of dinosaurs..
what you see it's suppose to be fossil, but the scientifics are not completly sure, yet.
where can i download it its so cool!
Simutrans Pinoy Player

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: kylearalar on December 13, 2009, 07:55:52 AM
where can i download The Gigantor monument?

where can i download it its so cool!

1) Do not double-post. This means if you have the last post in a thread, MODIFY that post, do not post another post.

2) It clearly states these are works in progress, there is no download.

Because of this as well as you claiming you made content that you didn't, I have removed your rights to post except in the Forum Lounge. You are not ready to participate in the wider forum at this time. When your posting ban expires, you may post in the Forum Lounge.

skreyola

I have an idea. Don't think of it as a request but just an idea yousomeone could pursue if desired.
Race tracks. There could be two kinds, a long, skinny one for a Drag Strip and a more square-like one for an oval track... or for a curvy GrandPrix/Formula1 type Race Track.
What do you think of the idea?
--Skreyola

vilvoh

It's not a bad idea. In fact, I think the japanese guys already made it.....download link

Anyway, I can create a new ones. I'll include it in the list.

prissi

That is a driving school, where you train and are examined for your driving exams. It is part of pak.japan (which needs and updated badly) and the japanese wiki.

vilvoh

The Taj Mahal is almost finished. Take a look at the scale tests..

mobo

Really nice work.

It looks pretty huge I'd say. But i don't know, maybe that's the right scale? I've only seen photos of it - so it's really hard to tell.

edit: ok wikipedis says 58 m tall. So the scale is about right (or maybe even too small), compared to these 4-5 floor buildings next to it.

vilvoh

IIRC, the object size is about 5-6 floor, that means about 35-42 m. in real life. Anyway, I've finished it. Only has one rotation and without winter version neither special colors.

skreyola

--Skreyola

Diegote

Looks fantastic. All your graphics are very good.  :)

Sybill

vilvoh, i really like your tourist attractions. Have you thought yet about an observation wheel like the London Eye, as a city attraction ?

vilvoh

Sure. I've realized there's one in pak128 and I already made some tests long time ago. I'll try to reboot that project. Thanks for the suggestion... ;)

vilvoh

skreyola

Around here, miniature golf greens usually have green, blue, or red carpet or artificial turf. The gray/silver looks a little too much like concrete, to me, but the overall image is very good!  Is there a building there where they take your money and give you clubs/balls? Or is this a public recreation area? :)
--Skreyola

vilvoh

It's just a work in progress. The final version will have a color for each step of the circuit, the carpet will be probably green or white and I will add several trees and people playing. As you have pointed out, it also needs a ticket office. It's going to be a city tourist attraction (curiosity building)

skreyola

Quote from: vilvoh on June 01, 2010, 08:00:00 AM
It's just a work in progress. The final version will have a color for each step of the circuit, the carpet will be probably green or white and I will add several trees and people playing. As you have pointed out, it also needs a ticket office. It's going to be a city tourist attraction (curiosity building)
It looks great so far! :)
--Skreyola