News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[network] ingame chat related ex. req.

Started by sdog, June 11, 2011, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

In DeMangler's new server a lot of chat is going on, making a few difficulties quite visible.

Multi line message have been mentioned before, but considered to much effort. An easier remedy would be reversing the direction of log entries. The newest should be on the bottom. This makes reading multi line messages less awkward.

Popping up messages became quite a pain for chat, as the focus is lost. Is it possible to prevent popup notifications from stealing focus from text entry windows? It always leaves me hacking in chars which are then shortcuts, with unwanted results. From the ingame chat, it seems i was not the only one greatly annoyed by this.

It would also be quite nice if mouse over over a message would show the real-live time at the server (preferably utc), while the tag shows the ingame date. It is often difficult to identify how old a message is.

Something not directly related, are long-block signals in standard also still broken? I'm on the run and can't check. In Exp. they are quite surely broken. edit: answered by Lmallet

Lmallet

Quote from: sdog on June 11, 2011, 11:09:30 PM
Something not directly related, are long-block signals in standard also still broken? I'm on the run and can't check. In Exp. they are quite surely broken.

There was a issue not too long ago which was fixed in standard.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7175.msg69341#msg69341