News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

New chains idea / VIP (very important persons) or First Class

Started by maister, November 03, 2008, 05:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maister

This idea come up in a other topic as i ask for small privat aircraft.

Conditions:
- New Material Group (very important persons or first class)
- New vehicles which one can transport VIP`s (like privat jet, limousine, maybe spezial train waggons (first class?))
- Maybe new spezial-buildlings for transship the VIP`s on Trainstation, Airports (like goods or mail/post)

The programm logic is the same like passengers, but with the differences that he only getting into spezial vehicle and that only spezial buildings generating VIP or First Class travelers. (like banks and the biggest buildings and the industry and theaters .. and some more)

The VIP Group are small but profitable.
This is a very big element of the real transportation business. Why not here?

Good idea, bad idea?
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

Erik

mmm...
Yes it sounds like a good idea to me.
Sometimes i miss it.

O. for info: Far as i know on the Japan.pak it exist already.

whoami

I assume that the "first class" concept wouldn't add so much to the game, because it is just a certain percentage of the passengers that will give you more money in return for causing higher costs. An exception is the use of certain airplanes and also taxis, because they would be used only by people who are ready to pay more.

I remember a discussion about this (as a general program function), but can't find it in the forum (incl. archive). Support by the ST program (engine) wouldn't be difficult (per vehicle: define a percentage of first class seats, and handle an additional category in pax generation and transit => more hardware resources used). A pak set can create "first class" passengers e.g. by using the mail category under this name.

maister

Ok, if it is too difficult in the passenger system. It is possible to make e own "material-group"?
possibilities to integrate; some Factory/Bank`s produce some Vips and they would go to a tradeshow. And the tradeshow produce some Vips which one would go back to the Factory/Bank`s.

I think would be very nice to have also a stretchlimousine instead of a Truck for transportation.
Uhhh.. i imagine how its look if the black stretchlimousine go to my airport over my nice highways and from there fly the privat jet  ;D
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

Václav

Idea for creation of more than one type of passangers is very good but I think change of transportation people to factories is needed more. One time I tried to do that but I did not make any money from that. If Simutrans should be good transportation simulator, than this is needed.

But I don't see why creation of another type of passanger should be difficult. It is clear first class passangers would go between cities (and tourist traps) more than between cities and factories.

...so (for example): you can take czech unit ČKD 471 and connect with it city with factory; people should go by it to work and return home. But between cities you could need unit like TGV or ICE more than train assembled from classical locomotive and waggons.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ariarinen

I like the idea, maybe a chopper would be nice to have as well  ::) 

Erik

Quote from: ariarinen on November 06, 2008, 03:33:16 PM
I like the idea, maybe a chopper would be nice to have as well  ::) 

Well it will make enough new possibility's.