News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

On-Road Train

Started by Vonjo, June 30, 2011, 04:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonjo

Do someone have passanger trains which is scripted as road vehicles? It looks like a regular train, but in fact it is a bus/truck with trailers.

Well, I'm too lazy to build double track and put signals. :-P

It would be nice if someone have the 'rail track' and 'station' too.

You know what I mean, right? :-)

Or, can I just modify the DAT files?

Václav

vonjo, I am worried about that nobody has such trains. And I don't see anything good in being of such trains/buses - because they surely may cause traffic jams in cities.

So, I have only one advice for you: learn using signals - but you may know that base set is quite simple. Set prepared inside project of Pak128.CS is much more difficult - because it contains (almost) all signals that are used on czech railways. Their Simutrans-type variety is of course small - but each signal has else using.

For example one is used inside pre-station heading and else of the same Simutrans-type is used elsewhere. It is all I can say now - because I don't know more.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

VS

You can make your own ones from existing material, but there are two problems:

a) graphics are aligned differently, so you'd have to reposition everything,
b) road vehicles can create convoys only up to 4 consists.

So, in the end it is possible, but constrained so much that it doesn't justify any amount of work (IMO).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gwalch

Maybe you can use some double-articulated trolleybuses... They have huge capacity for road vehicles l
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

Vonjo

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on June 30, 2011, 07:33:48 PM
vonjo, I am worried about that nobody has such trains. And I don't see anything good in being of such trains/buses - because they surely may cause traffic jams in cities.

So, I have only one advice for you: learn using signals - but you may know that base set is quite simple. Set prepared inside project of Pak128.CS is much more difficult - because it contains (almost) all signals that are used on czech railways. Their Simutrans-type variety is of course small - but each signal has else using.
Another problem is city road can replace the track.
I know how to use signals. But sometimes I just too lazy to put it. ;D
The reason is to safe space (double track in a tile) and to make building it easier.
Where is pak128.cs?

Quote from: VS on June 30, 2011, 08:01:03 PM
a) graphics are aligned differently, so you'd have to reposition everything,
b) road vehicles can create convoys only up to 4 consists.
a) That is a problem. :o But i think i should try it when i have time.
b) Not a big problem for me. I can use short but a lot of convoy.

Quote from: gwalch on July 01, 2011, 06:38:56 AM
Maybe you can use some double-articulated trolleybuses... They have huge capacity for road vehicles l
Yes. But that is not a train.

Btw I found this in japanese.simutrans.com.
I think the vehicle looks like a train. And the road is cool, it looks like a maglev track.

http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FTrucks

DirrrtyDirk

I think these are AGTs, like the Yurikamome for example.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Vonjo

Right. The one at the leftmost is Yurikamome.

Václav

Quote from: vonjo on July 01, 2011, 01:31:35 PM
Where is pak128.cs?
Pak128.CS is under development and not yet officialy released - but you can find great many things made for it in this topic of Czech language board. Some add-ons are attached to post, else ones are only linked. If you would have some problems, send PM to me.

Vonjo

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on July 01, 2011, 05:35:30 PM
Pak128.CS is under development and not yet officialy released - but you can find great many things made for it in this topic of Czech language board. Some add-ons are attached to post, else ones are only linked. If you would have some problems, send PM to me.
Thanks. I hope it will be balanced. :)

For now I guess I have to convert the some train to bus myself. The guide bus above is too short.

Václav

You will find that almost all vehicles of Pak128.CS are quite cheap.