News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Company HQ graphics

Started by kohota107, July 04, 2011, 11:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kohota107

The texture grass for the first level of the HQ building only displays properly at zoom x7 and x9. At other zooms it is grainy or just black.

A minor bug but one that makes the maps look bizarre.

Kohota107

VS

I'm simply out of time ::( Perhaps someone else could look into this? What's needed is just making the 8 empty tiles with fence...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Company HQ graphics... in the 3x3 graphics only the center tile is filled with the actual building, the other eight just show a shadow pattern which turns more or less black when zooming. Was reported in the german forum and I agree it doesn't look quite right that way...

Post with screenshot in german forum

Any ideas how to make it better while sticking to 3x3 (which appears to be the reason for this?)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Combuijs

1) Remove the shades and just use the ground below, so needs_ground=1

or

2) Use a kind of sidewalk texture in stead of shades
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VS

Any of the above, just not the black :) A fence around might help, too...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Just open ground doesn't seem right to me. I mean we are talking about eight full tiles here... and that would still look a bit strange if you ask me... and it will probably confuse players somewhat. If we need to keep the space kind of empty, I'd say sidewalks or some other full-tile texture will have to do. But in the end, this might look like just another temporary solution (which will certainly look better that it does now) but maybe we can try and make something more of those 9 tiles of space we have in our hands here in the long term...?

prissi

Why should it be keeping 3x3? Many companies relocate their headquarter, when they di no longer find the right place for it. The AI should handle headquarters with different sizes since some time. (Or else it should not be hard to implement it ...)

DirrrtyDirk

I don't know. I just thought that for some reason 3x3 was somehow desired and the current state of graphics had once just been the easiest way to grow the existing graphic to this size... if it's not necessary, even better.