News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Simutrans Maps

Started by kizzyboi, July 07, 2011, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizzyboi

Ive been playing OpenTTD for a while and i decided to try simutrans.
I like simutrans because the vehicle's are realistic.
I like Open TTD because the maps are realistic with cities in the right place.
I downloaded a couple of Simutrans Maps and the cities are all over the place.
what i don't understands is why?
Can someone please try and explain as this would help my tiny little mind out.

DirrrtyDirk

Simple:
What you call "Simutrans Maps" are actually just height maps with nothing on it at all. Climates, cities, industries, trees (=pretty much everything) are all randomly created at the beginning of each game. However, if you want, you can start the map without any generated cities und place them yourself by using the public player account and map editor tools.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

kizzyboi

DirrrtyDirk

Well just as I said: start a map with number of cities = 0, then (when the game is running) switch to public player (either a button in the menu, or by pressing either "Shift+P" to toggle through or "k" for a list).

Depending on the pakset you use, the "found new city" icon is under special construction tools or under map editor tools (which are in most paks only available for the public player) or by pressing "Sift+C". But be careful: since every city costs 5 million, make sure you use the public player for that (as I said in the beginning), since it won't go bankrupt even with huge debts.

You can also rename cities when you open the details window (click on townhall).

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****