News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

DatCreator

Started by smile, July 10, 2011, 11:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smile

Hello  :D
One day i was reading wiki abuot dat files and decided to create small app to quickly create dat files. Its a small java program so it is platform independent and everyone could use it if they would want. But in a middle of creation i got idea that this maybe a waste of time so i created only for first wiki entry (Buildings). And i would like to know your opinion about it. Do you need it or maybe its just a waste of my time?  ???
Program is simple it allows you to choose which fields you need and generates dat file using your provided values. It also have some basic checks implemented like checking if you entered correct value like numbers and print all posible error to made. Also it omits all "wrong" or empty cells even if you checked that you need it. After generation you can preview it what was written. You can find generated dat file in same directory that contains this program.

If you think that this was a good idea and not a waste of time  ;D i could try and create forms to generate other type dat files.

Vonjo

Hi,
Nice to see another Java guy here. :D
I also thought about making that one too. But I thought I have only a little time to maintain it, and I was the only who work with Java at that time, so I didnt do that.
However because you said that, now I am thinking about making it again.
Thanks. I will check it tomorrow and see if I can help. :)

DirrrtyDirk

You migth want to visit this.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Vonjo

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on July 10, 2011, 08:28:54 PM
You migth want to visit this.
Thanks. Just know it. :D

Now I am thinking about automatic price calculation.

Václav

... oops ... I saw that Online-Dat-generator allows for residential, commercial and industrial citybuildings only basic (four) rotations.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Frank

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on July 11, 2011, 09:53:09 AM
... oops ... I saw that Online-Dat-generator allows for residential, commercial and industrial citybuildings only basic (four) rotations.

8 rotations = 64 form fields ( much effort for a few users )

you can 'upload dat' an create paks from objects not supported by gui