News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Road trains

Started by VS, November 04, 2008, 12:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

uhmmm....interesting. I think I'll add it to the future road train pak for 64 pakset. The rest of trucks from that site are cool too.

a payload of 275 tons!!  :o  the last one would beat more than one rail convoy in Simutrans.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gerw

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

By the way: while digging through sources I found that maximal road convoi length is 4 consists. This doesn't mean much, as you already learned for rail... it's more or less the same kind of constraint. You can get road convoys longer than two tiles by setting higher length, too.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gerw

But I think you will (and want) never meet such a truck on a regular road  :police:

jbode

certainly not ... they will get over your car like your car over a rabbit or something else small. Those trucks are purely for quarry road use ... But I have no idea whether the ETF machines are really beyond the project/prototype stage - nothing found fresher than that website (already one year old) ...

The use of such trucks (and the big one in pak128) would need different road type ... one track/lane per tile to have them in suitable size!

Jörg

VS

Code them as some unused track subtype :P Hmmmmmmm, this is almost tempting.