News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Attribution in the Screenshots-Datas from Simutrans

Started by maister, November 05, 2008, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maister

Refer to http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=757.0

QuoteHajo; Screenshots just need some attribution, like "Screenshot from Simutrans", preferrably with some info about the version it was taken from.

I very good Idea Hajo!  ;D , this datas should be deposited in the data-summary of the png-files as soon the game generate one ;)

My Request; In every screenshot file (inside the file, not in the picture) should be following information:
Screenshot from Simutrans and some info about the version (Hajo would specify).

" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

Combuijs

Quotedeposited in the data-summary of the png-files

But the screenshots are .bmp files, aren't they?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

If I remember correctly, since some versions ago the screenshots are in png format.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

That might be quite hard to do. As I see in the code, on Windows it is just one function.

You should convert the screenshots to PNG or JPG and then add metainformation.

For jpeg you can probably find lots and lots of programs for editing its internals; even Irfanview can change comments in them.

For png I would recommend TweakPNG. Unpack it to where you want it to stay (Program files/tweakpng?), run it and go to menu options-preferences; check the add to context and now you can right-click any png picture on your computer and edit it with this. When you want to add text entry, menu insert-text and fill the subject and text.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Spike

I rather meant, the websites showing the screenshots need to display the attribution.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=757.msg6489#msg6489

But I agree, to tag the images themselves might be clever, too.

maister

Yes i know, i enhance your proposition, because it is very hard in the future to ask every screenshot originator for his version.   ;D
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

marioxcc

Maybe a option in the options window who can enable a label in each screenshot who say "Image from simutrans".