News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Any way to make trucks going by road I specified, except waypoints?

Started by Foxglove, July 23, 2011, 07:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxglove

Is there any way to make trucks going by road I specified, except making waypoints in route settings?

See attach.

Black lines are roads; red line is current trucks way (they use this way mostly); green line is those way I'd like them to use.
Blue arrow points to the crossing which separates trucks: in 90% of case they are using red way, in 10% they go by green which is faster (red line has two more routes on its way, a bit overloaded, but trucks arent really paying attention).

I doubt Simutrans has built-in feature to make trucks going by specified way except making waypoints, but is it possible to make some kind of mod, like "Road is forbidden for trucks" sign, and to publish it here? Would be pretty useful for my overloaded towns.

Emil Sawicki

Good idea , I think Simutrans needs two signs: "no entry for busses" and "no entry for trucks".
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

Václav

... may it be ... but partly it can be done by one-way signs - and partly by private road sign - but this sign is available only as add-on for pak128 (... on addons.simutrans.com; by Lmallet) - and it is not true solution because it allows only your vehicles to enter forbidden road.

No trucks and no buses may be partly imitated by highway sign because it allow to enter only those vehicles which can faster than ... (I don't know exact speed) - but I cannot imagine how they would be made inside current possibilities of game.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ӔO

I would go with the one way sign method.

alternatively, I'd destroy the road.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: