News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Russian railroads news.

Started by inkelyad, August 04, 2011, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkelyad

Good news for my country.

New Heavy electric freight locomotive just finished (Aug 4) trial run from Yekaterinburg to Balezino with 9000 t train.

vilvoh

Is it a world record or something? I mean, russian freight locos are known for their power and usually pull large convoys along desertic lands but I don't know if this current fact breaks a record.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

inkelyad

Quote from: vilvoh on August 04, 2011, 05:02:47 PM
Is it a world record or something? I mean, russian freight locos are known for their power and usually pull large convoys along desertic lands but I don't know if this current fact breaks a record.
In this case 9000t is not one time record braking event on a flat surface. It will be usual load. And it will be used in mountains regions. (Well, Ural Mountains is not that big, but still..)

prissi

8400 kW is a lot for DC 3kV. Japanese did similar, but it was too much for the supply infrastructure and they had to reduce power.

It is also interesting that due to inverter circuits and asynchronous machines newer electric locos cannot get much over the normal hourly power.

For instance the Br103 of Deutsche Bahn had nominal 7440 kW but could deliver up to 11000 kW for shorter times.

Václav

Quote from: inkelyad on August 04, 2011, 05:26:27 PM
In this case 9000t is not one time record braking event on a flat surface. It will be usual load. And it will be used in mountains regions. (Well, Ural Mountains is not that big, but still..)
Ural may be low mountains (with top height 1895 meters - but in comparison with what else mountains ???) - but in its total area it is probably the biggest mountains in Europe.

And small comment to locomotive, itself: as locomotive for freight trains it is surely good - but I don't think if I was happy when it would pull passenger train.  :D

... and I see that has boggies with only two axles ... I am not machinery engineer but it seems to me that it will destroy railway tracks quite fast - because pressure from locomotive's wheels on rails would be too high.  :-X

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

inkelyad

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 05, 2011, 07:44:32 AM
with top height 1895 meters - but in comparison with what else mountains ???
Well, we have Caucasus Mountains, Altay Mountains, and Sayan Mountains among others. It is very hard to travel once you cross Urals.

inkelyad

Good photo.
Don't forget to look at Google maps link. And zoom into it  :)