News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Undo does not give money back

Started by Václav, August 10, 2011, 04:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found that undo does not give money back. Recovering tracks and so on to previous statement is right - but money are not given back. And it is irrelevant if it is done under pause or not.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

wlindley

True, but it does at least save the cost of demolishing the unwanted bits...

Dwachs

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 10, 2011, 04:03:06 PM
I found that undo does not give money back. Recovering tracks and so on to previous statement is right - but money are not given back. And it is irrelevant if it is done under pause or not.
This is intended imho.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

skreyola

I agree with Vaclav. A slip with the mouse while building can be quite disruptive and expensive.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Herocrafter

This just happened to me and so I agree w/ skreyola, furthermore unwittingly hitting undo can compound the cost as you have to replace all the track you undid, as I just found out.  True only the first time you would be unaware of the cost of undo but from a gameplay perspective it does, in my view, detract from the immersion.  Its not fun.  I suppose saving and reloading is the alternative.
WE ARE
PENN STATE

prissi

Undo will always be expensive, as soon as trees are involved. It was often requested feature, just before the preview came into existence. Same for UNDO when a track is partially updated.

UNDO is an emergency feature. If you do not like it, disable it in menuconf.tab. (Just comment the ^Z entry out).

Herocrafter

I guess I viewed undo not as an emergency feature but as an ordinary use feature.  Its nice to know that I can comment it out but that shouldn't be necessary now that I'm aware of the costs.  Whereas before I never realized it until I undid a mistakenly layed a very long line early in a game and was saddened that I lost all my coin.  I really just popped in here quick to find out if it was an intended feature and if so to say I wasn't to keen on it.  Though I do understand the need for proper planning and like games that require "think" but a wrong click can really hurt especially early on.  Yes I noticed that trees don't come back either, I guess I could look at it as the cost for the site prep.  cheers.
WE ARE
PENN STATE

Severous

I often have to redo something.

Diagonal rails not placed properly, a series of junctions with a rail it supposed to run parallel with, for instance. I have been frustrated at such track laying experience then further frustrated when attempting to undo didn't work at all and I had no idea why.

Its not the money, its the fact its not user friendly, it doesnt work as I, as a user, would expect it to work.
Regards
Sev.

prissi

For diagonals and other difficult track layouts the preview by dragging with pushed mouse button was built into the game, even into the network games. With this wrong diagonals should not happen any more.

If people really want to reimburse the costs of tiles completely cleared, well this could be done without much effort. But you will loose most of the costs as logn a trees or other tracks come into play.