News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Join game #2 on moblet.simutrans.entropy.me.uk here

Started by moblet, August 15, 2011, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

It does crash every so often, I've restarted it. I'll work on an auto-restart function...
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

moblet

Yes, you must be running out of things to work on!

I'm getting no response from the server at present.

On the savegame issue, I guess it's up to you how much drive space you want to devote to archiving however many saves, but my thinking is that we should only need to keep the second-to-last save, since if we're able to play to the last save, the second-last one must have worked OK.

choro

I was connected to the server two minutes ago, closed simutrans for a minute and tried to log in again - doesn't work now :(

Ashley

Restarted it, the longer a game goes on the more frequent crashes seem to become.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

moblet

Our South freight player (SNCFS & Freight, in green) will have to leave the game on Thursday September 8 and we need to replace him. Interested players, please look at the network and see if you think you can run it. Other players on the map depend on traffic through this network so you must be able to manage it. Note that the trains run on the left-hand side. You will be able to change the name of the player but not the colour.

Another option is for the East pax player (Mobilet, in purple, it's me) to switch to South freight if someone would like to take over East passengers and mail. This network is stable, you can either maintain it with minimum effort, or expand it.

In both cases other players in the game can help you learn about the networks.

rainer

Sorry, folks. From time to time I tried again to join and play, but the problems were even harder at the growing game.
I managed to keep my bus network stable and avoided overcrowding almost all of the time. That's all.

I just had a glance again and managed to add a bus to a line - in 30 minutes. : - (
Communication at ingame chat is impossible for me, communication here is too slow, and nobody uses #simutrans at irc.quakenet.org instead.
Communication by signs in the map is... hm... "strange".

Feel free to make my stops public wherever you want and connect to your networks. I do not know whether my network scales properly, but the admins might feel free to take every action which is needed.

I wish you a lot of fun with this game and the following, but I prefer not to join again.

jjatca

I would like to join as  the south freight player

Guillaume

Ok, so until thursday, you'll have to understand my network, I'll PM you my password, and then you'll be able to control it and to understand it.
You can ask your questions to me until thursday, but also to moblet, fifty (RFP in the game).
I don't know if you're used to left-handed network  ;)

yorkeiser

Hi,
I answer here to moblet's invitation because I've no pm's enabled (I never asked for it  ;D); I hope there's no problem doing that.
Yes, I like to build massive pax networks, and I like to actively participate in the online community: it saddens me to see it growing slowly, while games I really consider worse than Simutrans (aka TTD) have huge online communities.
I'll kindly join your server, if invited: in that case, I ask for a pax account, it's the same if it's on the east or the west of the map.

Cheers

Well now you asked for it...! Also, I wasn't sure if you could read what moblet sent. -- VS

moblet

rainer, thanks for responding. Sorry you are still having lag problems, we hope you can resolve them and join us in future. I will also have a look at quakenet, I haven't seen it yet.

yorkeiser, I have reset the password for Player 7 (W pax) and sent it to you by PM.

Guillaume and jjatca, it sounds like you have the handover under control. Contact me or post here if you are having any problems.

A reminder that Fifty (RF&P, dark blue, E freight) and I (Mobilet, purple, E pax) are the players who can act as the public player should you need electricity or want any public infratructure moved or created. Guillaume can also do this but only for the next few days.

choro

Welcome to the new players!

... Doesn't connect to the game now :(

Xelofino

Hey all

I'm really sorry, that i wasn't on for 2-3 days now. I habe the game still in mind and with the money gaining i will be able to build amd destroy without getting instantly bankrupt. So i'ill join soon and slowly (which means really slowly) try to work on a connection of E and W. Who knows perhaps one day passengers can take the northern route :).

Xelofino

Ashley

jjatca

Thanks for letting me join. I will be on at about 7 to 8 Pacific Standard time

Guillaume

So good luck  ;)     For me, in 3 hours holidays are finished  ::'(

I would like to thank moblet and Fifty for doing a very good server ( good rules, good maps,... ), hope you'll keep the server on in the future, and improving it.
I hope to see you in may 2012 to play with you on the server.
I played on this server with pleasure, online games are surely a great feature :award:

moblet

Quote from: Timothy on August 18, 2011, 07:46:14 AM
You might also want to try increasing the value of the "additional_client_frames_behind" setting in simuconf.tab, as this can help with latency issues on the client side. I already have the server equivalent set higher than the default.
Finally got my linux installation up, just wanted to report that at the default value of zero I had button lag of up to a minute or more. I changed it to 8 and lag is close to zero.

Machine spec is AMD Phenom II X2 550 with 4Gb RAM and nVidia GTS250 running Ubuntu 64-bit.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Building controls are fine but depot controls have insane lag.

yoshi

Ashley

yoshi

I cannot play the game untill 26th Sep, as I will need to stay in Duesseldorf during the next week.

Vonjo

Due to several problem (internet connection problem (it takes long time to download), computer problem (my faster computer can't boot, playing with my old computer causes heavy lag because the map has become too complex), ...), I can no longer actively play with the current game. :(

See you again in the next game. :)

However i'm still monitoring the chat, so if you need me, you can use the in game chat. I'll try to join if I can.
If you want to manage my company, you can, just ask me.

Fifty

Sorry to hear that you are unable to play anymore, Vonjo. I will take over your company for at least a little while. No need to send me the password, I can reset with public. See you next game.

Xelofino, do you still have time to play? Just wondering because I haven't seen you.

Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

moblet

Just checking who is still active in this game and whether players who are no longer active want to leave, or to start on a fresh map. I am happy to continue on this map or start a new one.

All players please confirm that you are still playing, and vote on whether to continue this map or start a new one.

If the server list still hasn't been repopulated, the game's address is moblet.simutrans.entropy.me.uk:13357

yorkeiser

I've been away for a bit, due to work engagement.
However, still happy to continue with this map, but no problem if other players want to restart with a new one

choro

I'd be happy to start a new game. I could improve my network in some cities, but that's less interesting than building an intercity network - which I have finished.

yoshi

There is little chance to make a new route any more. I'd prefer a new game.

Vonjo

Currently I can't play because the map is too heavy.
I'd prefer a new game, so I can play again. :)

Fifty

Hello, I'm very busy IRL at the moment and have for the most part stopped playing this map. I have also been building a massive network on the 64.entropy server (about 150 million in profit per month, freight only!), so I really don't have any time to play both maps. As much as I enjoy this server, I just don't think it has been all that popular.

I'm interested to test some of the new features in the nightlies too, and I think when Timothy gets some time he will compile a nightly for use on some of his servers.

I might be back later, but for the moment, count me out. Moblet, I will still be around if you want some assistance with maps, planning, ect; just PM me.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

jjatca

Currently, I can't play on the map easily  due to heavy development (creates lag), so i vote for a restart.

moblet

Game 3 will be uploaded to the server as soon as Timothy is able. Interested players please go to the join game 3 thread to confirm your choices.

Fifty, thanks muchly for your contribution to developing the map and rules. See you in a game somewhere soon!

Ashley

New map has been uploaded, please let me know if you have any problems with it.