News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

New logo and theme for Graphic Archive

Started by VS, November 07, 2008, 09:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello,
it seems we are getting another graphics.simurans.com again.

Attached is the default logo picture. Can you make better? I dare you! ;D

Or... if you can mod the whole theme, it would be even more awesome.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

There's was an old discussion that contain some interesting ideas: graphics.simutrans.com new possible logo

BTW, we might use a modified GPL theme for Coopermine (repository)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Oh, fie! So many themes... I feel cheated. Why isn't there just one? It would make things so much easier!

I suggest we select one theme, add it, remove all other themes, change it to our liking (images, toolbar with subdomain links) and... done. Criteria for selection: highly readable (good contrast), preferably blueish colors to fit forum look, not too image heavy (bandwidth).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

I'll install Coopermine at work (when the boss is out.. ::)) and try to test some of them...

IgorEliezer

Quote from: vilvoh on November 10, 2008, 04:39:43 PM
(when the boss is out.. ::))

He has visited this forum too? If so, it's better you erase/edit your post. XD

VS

Rather use
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/
and go through the themes (there is a choose gadget in top left corner)

Personally I liked these:
Dm Bluerapsody (needs replacing header background and these "pillars")
K2 (probably too simple)
Kubrick (that's borderline - the huge text is really ugly.)
MorpheusX Blue (image heavy)
PlusXL 2.0 (favorite!)
SMF 1-1 rc2 (lol, and small thumbnails are harder to hit with mouse)

I have to say that on the whole I am rather disappointed, maybe editing the default theme is a better option after all.

vilvoh

My candidates:

-Blix: this would work really well. Simple, clear and it just need to replace green areas by blue ones
-digital purple: good layout with a big header with a lot of design posibilities.
-project vii: simple with good menus
-fotogallery: large header and cool drop shadow effects
-Rin: one of my favorites. Really simple, big headers, readable and seems easy to modify.
-radio xxl: 3d menus with shiny metal effect. Perhaps too much futuristic.

All themes have a CSS or similar, so you can modify styles, layouts and images easily.

vilvoh

I've been working on a skin for GSC based on Rin. I've just replace some headerd and some font colors, too. Playing with the CSS sheet, you know...

vilvoh

Where do you see the pink color? I think it's grey..... :-\

IgorEliezer

I said PINK.

Quote from: IgorTekton on November 17, 2008, 03:10:34 PM
:-\ ... less pink and more blue. It'd get better.

Well, pink is not what I meant... let's say: "less purple and more blue. I think it would fit better as Simutrans theme"

<_<

>_>

* Igor is getting confused with color names *

>_<'

vilvoh

I can add more blue on headers, and perhaps use the same background color as the forum skin...

P.S: I'm a bit color-blind, too.. :)

VS

That looks really good! I didn't expect to get a whole theme :o

(sorry, I was away for a few days since 17th is national holiday and... 3 free days... :D )

vilvoh

I can send you the theme in a zip, in case you want to test it..

VS

vilvoh

Yes, but you'll have to wait until monday. I did the tests at work, in company's server and I've no copy at home... ::)

VS

No need to hurry. Do it the Simutrans community way - slow, but unstoppable :P