News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Retirement Dates

Started by Leeway, August 16, 2011, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leeway

Why are all the buses, Locomotives (Apart from some passenger trains) and most of the fraight cars retired by 2030? It's a little anoying having to keep going into obsolete stock every time I want to buy a new vehicle.

Leeway.

P.S. I'm also a HGV Driver. I'll driven some of the vehicles in the game. Most of the leyland DAF's, All of the DAF's (Currently drive a DAF LF in work) and all of the Ford's. So if anyone wants information on how they drive i'm happy to help.

The Hood

Mainly to give them a "realistic" life time span.  Ultimately the plan is to have a load of futuristic vehicles too, but that is a long-term goal for once all the historical stuff is done.  Perhaps I should remove the retirement dates of the most recent vehicles for the time being - any one care to agree/disagree?

jamespetts

I agree that there is much to be said for removing the retirement dates for the latest vehicles to be in production of any type - perhaps by commenting them out in the .dat files; the dates can then easily be re-instated when futuristic vehicles are added. As to the HGVs - do you happen to have accurate figures for their power and tractive effort?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Leeway

I agree. I don't have that information at the moment. But if you give me the makes and models I'll get the information for you.

Leeway.

The Hood

I've removed some retirement dates so there should be a reasonable selection of vehicles all the way through now.  If there are any others you think should have dates removed, do let me know.