News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Train speed limit sign?

Started by Fabio, August 16, 2011, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

I tried to make signals reserved for high speed lines.

the line min_speed=200 is apparently ignored, as also slower trains ca pass through them.

obj=roadsign
copyright=Fabio Gonella
name=ECTS_Signals_200KPH
waytype=track
cost=250
is_signal=1
min_speed=200
intro_year = 1990
intro_month = 1
# RED
Image[0]=ECTS_signals.1.0
Image[1]=ECTS_signals.1.2
Image[2]=ECTS_signals.1.1
Image[3]=ECTS_signals.1.3
# GREEN
Image[4]=ECTS_signals.1.4
Image[5]=ECTS_signals.1.6
Image[6]=ECTS_signals.1.5
Image[7]=ECTS_signals.1.7
Icon=> ECTS_signals.1.8
Cursor=ECTS_signals.1.9

Combuijs

If I understand the Wiki correctly you should add a one-directional flag:

single_way=1
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Lubak91

Note: European Train Control System => ETCS...
So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?!

Fabio

Quote from: Lubak91 on August 16, 2011, 02:26:24 PM
Note: European Train Control System => ETCS...
Thanks!!! I'll correct this (if I end up making it with the properties I want for them)

Quote from: Combuijs on August 16, 2011, 02:20:49 PM
If I understand the Wiki correctly you should add a one-directional flag:

single_way=1

Tried, but the results doesn't change.
Apparently, if is_signal=1, max_speed and single_way=1 are ignored.

prissi

Václav

Prissi, you are wrong in a special way. Trains use speed signs too - but for descreasing speed in a dangerous places, not in a way that is discussed - if I well understood what is go, here.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

There are lines designed for high speed service only.
They differ from ordinary lines for many aspects such as
- different signalling (e.g. ETCS level 2)
- different electrification (25kV)
Since in standard Simutrans you can't add constraints upon electrification type, I thought I could make one based on signalling (e.g. a train with Vmax < 200 will take a longer and winding track between A and B, whereas the straight high speed track will be reserved for trains with Vmax >= 200).

Signal DATs are a bit messy, unfortunately. (Same applies for missing tram signals).

An error I found is that often signals "FORGET" their direction and become two-ways.

prissi

Ok, since I am deliberately misunderstood: The routing of trains in simutrans does not care for speed signs.

Václav

And I think it is right - in accordance with what I wrote in my previous post in this topic - but I have not any photo - to prove it.

... oops ... this is my post number 2000

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

robbiemac

I have been trying to find a way to have trains overtake each other with 4 lines of track; 2 high speed lines, 2 slower lines. The solutions I have found are to either use way points to direct trains to one line, use 2 separate networks or electrify one line and not the other. When you are deep into a game though and have several lines sharing the track, going back and re-routing them with a bunch of way-points is not an ideal solution. That said, I was wondering if it would be possible to make speed limit signs for train tracks similar to those used for highways? To help with "directing" high speed trains to stay off the slow line, would it be possible to make a minimum speed sign for say a train going 150 and a maximum speed sign at 149?

prissi

Speed limit signs for trains should work in the nightly. But they are not tested.

robbiemac

Thank you! I will give it a try.