News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Tram Tracks Replacement set

Started by Fabio, August 17, 2011, 01:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Václav

Looks interesting - but why don't to create crossing also straight, it means not curved. Curved crossings look quite good - but only until any vehicle goes over it - then they look very strange (not awful, but also not good).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Future train tracks won't have any section curved-- for exactly this reason.
Tram tracks instead would look awful, as the road has a curve but the bend or the crossing wouldn't.
Also, my newest trams will have each car shorter than standard (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, instead of 8 ) so they will also negotiate turns a bit more smoothly.

The plan for tram tracks is the following:

50 KM/H
A) Only tracks. It looks good in stone city roads (prior ro 1930) and can serve as service tracks later.

70 KM/H
A) reserved central lane. Paved in asphalt (like roads) with yellow lane stripes to separate them from the other lanes.
B) tracks set in gravel. Look better on empty terrain or on straight stretches of road (without road intersections); for road intersection use preferably the (A) variant.

90 KM/H
A)
reserved central lane. Paved in asphalt with yellow lane stripes to separate them from the other lanes, with zebra yellow stripes.
B) tracks set in grass. Look better on empty terrain or on straight stretches of road (without road intersections); for road intersection use preferably the (A) variant.

110 KM/H
A)
tracks set in a concrete bed. These will have also tunnels for pre-metro use

Bridges are considered but postponed; tracks will look better on road bridges. Maybe 90 and 110 km/h tracks will have a dedicated bridge later.

Signals are considered (probably with French display), but postponed until supported by the program.

Václav

Quote from: fabio on August 17, 2011, 02:34:04 PM
90 KM/H
B) tracks set in grass. Look better on empty terrain or on straight stretches of road (without road intersections); for road intersection use preferably the (A) variant.
Similar to track made by Gwalch; mainly this track would be quite good if it would have winter version

Quote from: fabio on August 17, 2011, 02:34:04 PM
Future train tracks won't have any section curved-- for exactly this reason.
I began creation of new tracks - at first I prepared one for speed 280 km/h - but it is not finished - because it needs better shading of bed; I think that next would be track for speed 400 km/h - without classical sleepers. Other tracks should have shorter sleepers (current size was chosen for test).

I don't know what software do you use, but I am ready to share my work with you - to shift work on those tracks ahead.

Fabio

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 17, 2011, 02:44:45 PM
Similar to track made by Gwalch; mainly this track would be quite good if it would have winter version
Great idea! being in August I just forgot about winter :)

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 17, 2011, 02:44:45 PM
I began creation of new tracks...
Please, let's try to keep this discussion here

Václav

Of course.
Try to ask mEGa for his French styled tram station - or at least use it as pattern for your own one(s).

Václav

Václav

No.
Fabio showed those tracks in screenshot - but not released it for tests (... but he released for test new modern trams - they are available in else topic).

And I had an idea - and I guess that Fabio has been working on it. So if he would use my idea on all those tracks, that it will take some (probably quite long) time.

We, who are living in lands of Czech crown have one special adage - but its translation into English language is impossible. So I can write it with two words: Please, wait!  :D

Fabio

Václav

I will report as soon as possible.
And one small tram tracks addon - what about special stops for them?

As I wrote, I think that mEGa's French styled one is perfect - Should I ask him for publishing sources? Or you may create own ones - but of similar shape, I please. They would be splendid.

Fabio

I have a plan in advanced stage of bus stops 3.0 :)
This time, they will come in both bus and tram version.
do you have any screenshot of mEGa's stops?
thanks!

Václav

Here is link to SNFOS's pages where mEGa's stops have been documented -
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:page_doc_tram_stop_full.

Don't worry - it is in English - and there are sufficient screenshots of them.

Report of tracks will be later.

So, report for your tram tracks:

All:
horizontal diagonal tiles: missing one dark stripe on each of both rails
vertical diagonal tiles: dark stripes are too wide

50 km/h, B track for 90 km/h:
no other problems

other tracks:
wrong width of horizontal diagonal tiles - connection with base tiles looks very bad
wrong alignment of horizontal diagonal tiles - backgrounds are wrong connected

greenling

I Have be look on the Picture from the new tram-track!
And be got the idee thats for some of the new tram-track be write a use manual!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 30, 2011, 06:09:22 AM
So, report for your tram tracks:

All:
horizontal diagonal tiles: missing one dark stripe on each of both rails
vertical diagonal tiles: dark stripes are too wide

50 km/h, B track for 90 km/h:
no other problems

other tracks:
wrong width of horizontal diagonal tiles - connection with base tiles looks very bad
wrong alignment of horizontal diagonal tiles - backgrounds are wrong connected

the bugs highlighted should have been solved here:

source files (1 MB)

test pak (120 KB)

Václav

I am sorry but I cannot download it for some error of those pages.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

It is the same like in case of ROADS REPLACEMENT PROJECT.

Fabio

I'm sorry, for me it works fine.

I'll see if I can upload it on my server later tonight-- but I can't promise.

Maybe later it's going to work also for you...

greenling

VaclavMacurek
what´s for a internetbroswer do you use?
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Václav

FF (6) - It is strange because with Opera it runs - but nothing is downloaded.

greenling

VaclavMacurek
You use FireFox 6 ?
Since Then can you not more be download?

Václav

Yes, I use FF 6 - and I don't see anything bad on using of it.
... and I found that also Opera has problem when Turbo is disabled.

Zeno

I just downloaded it with chrome without problems

Václav

So, could you send it to my e-mail? (I will tell you it into PM)

... I would be be glad if you download both (tram tracks and roads) - and send it.

Zeno

Václav

Thanks. I really don't know what cause that I could not to download it. And on else computer on the same connection it was the same.

greenling

VaclavMacurek it possible that Firefox 6 this website http://www.speedyshare.com
as place with dangerfull software be registed have!
Sorry my English it not very good!

Václav

It is sure that issue called www.speedyshare.com cannot be solved from here - and so I would like to ask chiefs for splitting this topic from this post and also topic ROADS REPLACEMENT PROJECT from this post - before somebody will use some bad words - and because it is off-topic.

VS

Included in the set, please test. I'm not sure about intro dates, but... whatever :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Weeha! I'll take a look at them tomorrow. Btw I'll try to give some balance to trams too; atm trucks and buses are rioting against my new rules and I don't find much free time to try convincing them to autocalc some useful values :P

infernalmachine

Is there any plan to update the electrification for these tracks?  At the moment, the Tram electrify only supports up to 80 km/h and the slightly ugly (on tram tracks) 110 km/h rail electrification has to be used to get the full benefit of 90/110 km/h tracks.

I've been using these for the past month and I really like them.  Great work, Fabio.

Zeno

Maybe increasing current electrification max's speed up to 110 would be a good idea while no other catenary is available. What do you think?

Václav

... and I think that in following picture are quite good ideas for electrifications for speeds 90 and 110 km/h.

Fabio

Quote from: VS on October 03, 2011, 09:03:32 PM
Included in the set, please test. I'm not sure about intro dates, but... whatever :)

thank you very much for including.

I confirm, intro dates ARE a mistake, these could be more sensible dates:

50 --> 1880
70A --> 1940
70B --> 1920
90A --> 1980
90B --> 1990
110 --> 2010