News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Road vehicles realignment?

Started by Fabio, August 17, 2011, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

I would like to see road vehicles realigned around 4 px to the outer of the road in the directions NS and EW.
They would be a bit closer to thesidewalk and better accomodate for tram tracks in the middle.
NW and SE directions shouldn't change (the roads are too narrow in this orientations)
NE and SW should be tested.

This could be accomplished using offset without changing PNGs.

What do you think?

Zeno

Are you still interested in this fabio?

I think I could even write a simple command line tool to make that alignment directly in the png file. It would apply same offsets for all objects though, and would not check if any part of the object moves away from the tile space. Shouldn't be a problem if used wisely though.

If I understand correctly this would be in order to make the "new" tram system fit better, isn't it?

Considering all this, and taking in account that such tool could be programmed in no more than 3 or 4 hours, what about double tram tracks? Current trams graphics could be processed by using that tool in order to fit the new tram tracks. Sorry but I always wanted double tram tracks in simutrans, so I couldn't keep from writing this! :P

Fabio

Sure I am interested! Unfortunately my new tram tracks will be monodirectional as usual.
This is a screenshot where I highlight what I don't like about the current alignment:

In my opinion:
the vehicles going N should move 4 px right and 2 px down
the vehicles going S should move 4 px left and 2 px up
the vehicles going E should move 4 px left and 2 px down
the vehicles going W should move 4 px right and 2 px up

I'm not sure about the other directions.

I think EN e SW ghould be moved 4 px to right.
NE e WS should be moved none or 1 px to left.

WN and SE shouldn't be moved
NW and ES should be moved 2 or 3 px up

My primary goal was to discuss this with you and VS and the others, but if you want to try it, I would be more than happy :)

Actually I was thinking of using the offsets in DATs, but editing the PNGs is much more elegant.

Thank you!