News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[r4780] Trucks stopping several tiles before choose signs

Started by Ters, August 18, 2011, 08:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

I just noticed some strange new behavior with trucks and choose signs. A truck was waiting for clearance on a tile before a road junction before a tile with a choose sign, despite the fact that there is a free freight yard beyond the choose sign. Once the other, occupied, freight yard becomes free, the truck starts moving. This is troublesome behavior, as the waiting truck might block other traffic.

I have uploaded a save game that demonstrates the behavior. One truck is seen waiting immediately upon loading the game. It soon starts moving. To see the situation develop, head over to Pinefield freight yard, where a grain truck coming from the north will stop too soon early next game month.

The save game can be found at http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Ters_4_-_truckchoose.sve Note that the game still suffers after effects from the change in passenger destination distribution a while back, so lots of overcrowding going on.

TurfIt

Should be fixed with r4783.

Nice looking map!
Quote from: Ters on August 18, 2011, 08:29:47 PM
Note that the game still suffers after effects from the change in passenger destination distribution a while back, so lots of overcrowding going on.
Setting locality_factors to 10000 and factory_enforce_demand=0 will result in similar behaviour to before the changes...

Ters

Thanks.

Quote from: TurfIt on August 18, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
Setting locality_factors to 10000 and factory_enforce_demand=0 will result in similar behaviour to before the changes...

I'm not interested in the old behavior. I've also gotten past the worst part of the transition, so I don't want to upset the network once again.