News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Project pakSpartan: City Hall progress.

Started by Spartanis, August 20, 2011, 03:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartanis

Simutrans pak project: City Hall (90% completed)

Took a rather long break from the tedious task of restructuring Menuconf.tab.. and went ahead to create this in blender3D :P

after about 8 hours of careful blendering and thinking, i ran out of smokes, and its late, so im gonna head to bed.. lmao.. Shall finish it tommorrow and upload the finish product.

(yes.. while im good at artitecture, it seems i suck at horticulture ..  :D)

If anyone wants the blend file.. I be glad to share it..

Fabio

Very, very nice!

If you plan/mind to share it for the official pakset, some details should be changed (mostly, the floor tiles should be standard textured).

Also, City Halls should be designed for at least 3-4 city sizes.
E.g.
size 1: only main building and 2 floors lower
size 2: just the main building
size 3: add one side wing
size 4: add the second side wing

Additionally (but easy if it comes from blender) it's preferable for it to have all 4 rotations.

vilvoh

Excellent work, in design and colors. Classic and detailed. As fabio says, since you're using blender, it's recomended to render the four rotations of the building.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Spartanis

Fabio: I have been planning to increase it's size when it reaches certian population by doing just as you described. I have done 4 rotational views as well.. Stupid me, i pak'ed it into pak64 as a test :P after thinking about member's reply there, i agree,, it does suit pak128 anyways. They Also said its more suited to being as a "School" of some sort.. perhaps they are right. Maybe i should make this as "School for the Simutrans Add-On Dummies" :P lmao

Yes.. it is done in Blender. I also worked out how to render it without the "outline" problems (white lines along the edges of the images)

colonyan

Along the building it self, I like the lighting a lot. Its bright and shape.
Are there anywhere I can teach my self with lighting for 2D tile game...?