News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Strange alignment of MV Balmoral

Started by Václav, August 26, 2011, 06:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I know that alignment of ships is very difficult - but MV Balmoral needs correction of it.

In some directions it is aligned like road vehicles - and in other it is aligned to center. It is very strange and quite incomprehensible (?confusing).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

It should be always aligned to center. The only strange position I can see is the south view, which I'm already fixing and testing. If you still can see any view with a bad alignment, I would thank a lot a screenshot with the grid enabled to see what's going on.
Anyway, thanks for your reporting, Vaclav :)

Václav

Screenshots will be done and published as soon as possible.

Zeno

The wrong direction I saw should be fixed now since v526. I'll wait for your confirmation anyway, thank you.

Václav

Yes. Alignment for MV Balmoral is right. Anyway I called it if it was not right. And with quite long time delay I found that Patagonia has that side alignment too - in both base directions, it means west/east and in north/south.

And below question for alignment of Patagonia I have question that could be split off to common development board: What alignment of ships is default - and isn't time for general  change of alignment for these vehicles? Because it is quite strange that some ships have been aligned to side - and some to center of tile.

Zeno

All of them should be aligned to the center of the tile. I'll take a look to the Patagonia later on.
I'll also look over all the ships, maybe I spot more buggy ones like these two then... thanks Vaclav.

VS

The smaller ones (barges) are aligned to side, so that they can pass in a canal. Please keep that...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

And why not aligning them all to the side? Also if they happened to share the same tile in different directions in open seas they would look better aligned at sides.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Well, it would look really odd in a canal or in he coastal tiles, where it would invade the neighbor tile (land!!). No effect on oceans, and I guess it's possible as long as the "fictional" tile where those ships are centered is a 250 pixel tile; if makeobj doesn't complain about it, there should be no problem.

VS

IMO the heavy ships should be made unable to enter canals (at least the basic ones)...

Zeno

Quote from: VS on February 07, 2012, 07:14:00 PM
IMO the heavy ships should be made unable to enter canals (at least the basic ones)...
AFAIK that happens only in experimental (way max weight), doesn't it? And I can't think of any other way to make that happen :(

Fabio

Also there should be canals wide enough to allow ocean liner (e.g. The canal linking the Danube to the Black Sea, Panama Canal, Suez Canal) whereas other should allow only barges. Implementing weight limits in standard was considered, but never enacted. Conversely, barges should be limited to canals, rivers and shallow seas.

Václav

Quote from: VS on February 07, 2012, 07:14:00 PM
May it be - but this way means making many other ships that could enter to canal. And what is more important, you may improve land (if it is one tile upon water level - else it is nonsense) to prepare canal of the same width - as classical (built) canal has.