News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Missing translations in 526

Started by Václav, August 29, 2011, 02:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found that in current version of nightly (526) are missing translations for all languages. All files have only its heading with comments of authors of translations and so on - but nothing more.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

VS

That must be a problem with nightly generation, since files in SVN are not empty...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

I am sorry - but I found that in version 527 is the same situation. It means that it is problem with nightlies generation - because it seems that similar problem is also with basic texts - see this topic I opened few whiles ago.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

VS

Then I can't do anything except telling Werner :-/

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

I hope you understand my English

VS

infernalmachine

The language translations are still only stubs as of r555 on the Nightly-Builds page. Any chance this can be fixed sooner rather than later?

ps   For anyone looking for a work-around for this, you can copy your language file {yourlanguagecode}.tab from pak128.open.r518/text into the /text directory of a later pak128.open (if you happen to still have it).  Probably any version of pak128open after April 2011 will work.

Don't go to SimuTranslator to get the file(s), because you will just get the same stub as you already have. I believe I did find full versions of the language files at the simutrans source page at sourceforge, but I can't remember where exactly.

Actually, here's the contents of my pak128.open.r518/text directory for those who don't keep older pakset versions. http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak128open.r518.langfiles.rar

wernieman

Just for the Info:

The nightly-Server us the Translation of the simutranslater ...

infernalmachine

Yes. Sorry if I sounded like I was unfairly pressuring you.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, when I started that post, I was trying to pressure you.  :)  But then when I was suggesting work-arounds, I thought of also recommending getting the files from SimuTranslator.  Luckily, I actually downloaded a file to check, whereupon I realized that the problem is not with the nightlies, but something not working correctly at the SimuTranslator site. Presumably the files exist somewhere.

But, yes, this is not wernieman's "fault".  Sorry again for not being clear about that.

(forum editor:  feel free to move this post to Translator topic if so desired.)

VS

Also, SVN contains translations, they are just overwrritten by the empty download from translator...

wernieman

@VS

So it is better to NOT use the Tranlator for pak128 (and not overwrite the Files)? Or it is only "at the moment" a Problem and I wait for the solution?

VS

I... don't know ::( Uploading to translator is hard, and I will always want to do something easier first :P On the other hand, translator will be used again, definitely!

wernieman

O.K. ... I take it out.

Can you please give me feedback, when the Sources are in the Translator?

prissi

I can upload to translator. It should be there in, there are quite a lot eager translators around usually.

wernieman

So ..... can I use the Translator for making PAK128?

prissi

If I would have all sources to upload. Or should I just take what I find on SF?

EDIT:
I tried with the sources from SVN. It seems there are program texts missing like all xxx_factory_detail texts in the dat definitions. The text in the SVN are from the old set.

EDIT2:
I uploaded all languages. Normal user will not see them, since translation is not enabled. VS should decide to do this. I also did weed out several translations in many languages (not all though) of things like "RES_00_00\nresidental building\n" or "tre23\ntree" as simutrans does this automatically in the first case and in the second case this is not a proper translation. Barring the factory_detail_stuff, the text on translator should be ok by now.

wernieman

Thanks for your Work!

What did VS think??

VS

Thanks! I wanted to do something... for half a year. There is never enough time :-/ I will take a look and add missing factory details etc., if possible.

edit: If I understand this, I might have to only add the non-object items, yes?

prissi

I did not know which factories you wanted to include finally. Thus I did not import program texts for the factory_detail_xxx. When you upload translation text for those, please copy only the factory_details section from the language files, as I did a lot of work on the other texts.

And then maybe enabling translation to have this pak128 visible for translators would be good ;)

And one has to go through the active translator and enable pak128 for them, when they had old pak128 enabled ...

VS

I took a look, and... I don't understand what you did. Half the objects are missing, seemingly at random. For example, there are only a few roads visible, even though they're in the same folder and must have been uploaded together.

edit: Maybe the script timed out?

prissi

In some cases I was not sure what to upload as there we double images (one in src and one normal). The script only timed out at factories. I never got past the electronic factory.

But I just see that the file was 11 MB. Maybe the server run out of space at some point and thus returned complete while not completed. Tried to reupload it in two parts, but it still always resumed the first uploaded part. Maybe it needs to be done folderwise.

VS

I have unexpectedly gained two free afternoons this week, so I can upload myself :) Thanks anyway!

Src is always meta-source and does not generate pak used in game. But it is probably not said anywhere.

edit: I'll just write this here: SO MANY YEARS LATER, SIMUTRANSLATOR IS STILL A PIECE OF ****, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FEED IT ITS OWN EXPORTED FILES.

Prissi, thank you for all the work you did when re-uploading translations, but unfortunately it is all lost, because the software ate all non-ascii characters. Between your edits and having to proofread correct the whole text base, it's clear what I want to keep.

I don't think there is a specific person to blame, but I just want to hit something. Why do we still bother? It's a technical debt that will keep coming back. I just want utf-8 everywhere and be done with it.

edit 2: I'm working on re-importing old texts. Will be done by midnight, unless something new, unexpected happens.

edit 3: All old translations that were in SVN can be viewed at http://vs.simutrans.com/misc_files/pak128_translations_2011/ as HTML with correct encoding, so that you can just copy-paste.

VS

I'd like to wrap this up, so:

1) everything should be uploaded and live, for translators' announcements see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8288.0

2) Nightlies can start using translations again. Careful - set id changed!

And now, I want a cake... /zombie mode on ;D

Zeno

Wow  :o  Great job, dude! Thank you very much!!

prissi

With permission from VS I would like to clear some stuff up like "Residental Building" and similar as translations for some buildings. Same goes for the returns. This can be done quite straight forward, but simutting an empty string for the translation.

VS

Yes, please - especially if you have a file or script already prepared :) I didn't think of that...

prissi

Halfway decent editor helps a lot. Espeically the dutch file is really messed up, concerning buildings.

EDIT: uploaded. You find the correccted input files at http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/text128.zip

VS

Umm... uploaded to translator or just web? Encoding in Translator is messed up again, for some reason.

prissi

I updated both. Which languages are messed up? I suppose latin-2? I copied them from clipboard, so that may be a problem with pak64.

The source files are in the zip in the post before, for all languages. I did no convert them to unicode. MAybe firefox4 did it, the last time uploading I was still with 3.x series.

VS

I'll take a look and re-upload broken stuff.

There's now a script in svn, pak128/tools/tab2html.py, which modifies translation files into html with encoding specified so that you can leave charset woes to browser and copy-paste.

wernieman

You write, that the ID have changed??

VS

I think? There is pak128 and pak128-outdated. The "new" set has id 19.

wernieman

And the "old" the ID 2?

Then I understand ....