News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Simutrans Regular Graphics Contest - October

Started by sdog, August 29, 2011, 09:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mEGa

Hi community,

There is my submission to this contest : ferry_yeu.pak. This is for pak128 international

It's an a freely adaptation of the real boat named Ogia which transports passengers between the Island of Yeu and the continent (West Coast of France).
The pak is created and design in 2D with Inkscape and finished with The Gimp.

Main Caracteristics :
waytype=water
engine_type=diesel
freight=Passagiere
payload=300
speed=37
power=2400
weight=70
cost=800000
runningcost=350
intro_year=2000
intro_month=5
smoke=Diesel
sound=ship-horn_a.wav

Sources and playing pak are into the joined zip file

More explanation here :
http://www.mosaiques44.fr/simutrans/doku.php/en:doc_ferry_yeu
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

Very nice :)

But I'm beginning to doubt I could finish in time ::( Read: I just started.

edit: I can turn this into a wip spam? Hehe... I'm on a roll... 1 hour per rough pixelart side, not bad.

edit2: I have to do this more. I'm feeling... not exactly ecstatic, but definitely very happy about this, and I'm at some solid 40% of the process, I think :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

TommPa9

Hi all.
This steamer is little bit older than can be (1942), but still in traffic.

DOWNLOAD

Ingame Caracteristics
obj=vehicle
cost=12335200
speed=31
weight=134
runningcost=592
name=PPS_Vltava
intro_year=1942
waytype=water
engine_type=steam
power=114
gear=210
payload=450
good=Passagiere
freight=Passagiere

Original:
Paddle Steamer Vltava in Mělník (CZE)

displacement: 134 tons
power: 114 kW
length: 53 m
Capacity: 200-450 passengers

Zeno

Hah!! Good work all you guys! This keeps getting more and more interesting! :)

mEGa

The Hood

Argh! Was really hoping I'd be able to compete in this one.  I've got a half-finished blend for the mersey ferry - maybe I'll find enough time in the next 3 days to finish it?

gwalch

I'm very sad ! I will never finish my boat this week... It's too difficult to learn using blender with such a boat, and with so little time . I will finish my boat, i hope, but not for this contest... :-[
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

VS

The Hood

I've found some time, maybe it's not too late.  Here's a snapshot of progress so far (does it look like the image in the first post yet?)

sdog

The Hood, VS you'll gona make it in time, i'm sure. Progress looks quite good.
gwalch, i'm glad you don't give up.

If any of you can't make it, post perhaps WIP shots, you'll be something like participants out of competition or so :-)

The Hood

OK, here's my contribution.  Hope it's good enough given the time I've had.  It's the Mersey Ferry from the first post; these have operated across the Mersey estuary in Liverpool since 1959.

VS

...and not 23:59 yet ;D

Hood, congrats on skipping me before the finishing line!

edit: Nonzero progress :)

edit2: If anyone wants little 1x4 Simu-guys... you know where they are ;D

edit3: Yes, I will make it, God permitting no disasters in this game of life. Remaining to be done - alignment and data.

VS

LOL, made it just in time with screenshot and all that stuff.

Veveří features:

• Made in the city of Brno, both original and pixels.
  • Double player colour and lights
  • Loaded images with passengers enjoying fresh air on upper deck - remember, no rain in Simutrans ;D
  • Revolutionary battery power from the sixties gives amazing performance of 15 kph
  • No lifeboats. Grab a cork life jacket board instead? Or fight for one of the six lifebelts.
  • Available since 1961 until 2011

Get it!

Some more info about the real ship:
Czech Wikipedia (g.tr.) - Wikimedia gallery - Some photos incl. interior

waytype=water
engine_type=battery

freight=Passagiere
payload=350

speed=15
power=500
gear=100
weight=35

cost=150000
runningcost=95

intro_year=1961
intro_month=8
retire_year=2010
retire_month=10

PS: I am... hard to describe this state with one word. My head hurts, my ears hurt, my eyes hurt, my brain doesn't hurt because it can't. I don't like the price.

sdog

congratulations for finishing VS!

there would have been a little more time:
as i write it's still 35 minutes left.
http://time.is/UTC

VS

Thanks :D You know, I halfway expected being disqualified because the deciding time was the other way.

Mods, feel free to merge my doublepost :P

sdog

Douglas Adams said: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

The second SRGC is over now, with six submissions by: AEO, reytm2, mEGa, TommPa9, The Hood, and VS
(Let me know if i overlooked any of you!)

The jury president Zeno will assemble his jury. A public poll will be held in mid October November.
A reminder: The next SRGC starts in November and runs for about 3 months again.

A question: mEGa, TommPa9 your submissions look like pak128, is that correct?

ps.: VS, that double post fits the criterium allowing this quite nicely, some fundamental change has happened between those posts: you finished.

TommPa9

Absolutly! I have forgot to write it. It's for pak128... Sorry.

ӔO

here is a more proper 360 view that's scaled down to 128 size (but it's still incomplete as a png file for use in simutrans)

I can't figure out why blender fails to import collada files exported from sketchup, but the export seem to work fine in mesh lab.
here's the 3D data.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/AEO_Catermaran.rar
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

mEGa

Quote from: sdog on November 01, 2011, 12:07:47 AM
A question: mEGa, TommPa9 your submissions look like pak128, is that correct?

Yes it is.

VS

Combuijs

QuoteA public poll will be held in mid October.

2011? Then I can predict (or postdict  :) ) the result: 0 votes casted. October 2012 is a bit late I guess...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VS

Combuijs - then it's up to just our Blender philosopher and the jury, I guess ;D

Also, after some fact-checking I have to change my ship's retire date to... October 2011 ::( Apparently, this season's last voyage two weeks ago was last indeed, they might be saving the other one. Sources updated.

sdog

Quote from: Combuijs on November 01, 2011, 09:25:55 AM
2011? Then I can predict (or postdict  :) ) the result: 0 votes casted. October 2012 is a bit late I guess...
My plan was found out, you know that's the key to successful basic democracy ;-)

VS

So, any progress...? Zeno seems to have disappeared :o

(I wanna include these beautiful ships soon!)

Zeno

Quote from: VS on November 18, 2011, 10:28:23 PM
So, any progress...? Zeno seems to have disappeared :o
Here! ;D

Btw, jury deliberations are on its way to produce a result, thus the open votation will be open very soon!