News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

It´s Possible to build in a new Botten in the Mainmenu for Pak128.Britain?

Started by greenling, August 30, 2011, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Good Day
It´s Possible to build in a new Botten in the Mainmenu for Pak128.Britain?
I want to beginn to devolp pakfiles for the waytyp narrowgauge!

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

It is certainly possible - you will need to produce a button graphic and a menuconf.tab entry. The process for doing this should be documented on the Wiki.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

jamespetts
The Problem it that i the wiki not be can understand without picture who declare it!
I hate be try to combinate what be stand in the wiki and that what be stand in the menuconf.tab and what that do whit the bottens in
the Mainmenu but it was for me a little to big too understand!
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

jamespetts

I'm not sure that I quite follow, I'm afraid - what do you mean by "without picture who declare it" here?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

jamespetts

Ahh, do you mean that you need to see menuconf.tab itself, or the sources for the graphics? Pak128.Britain is open source, and you can find all of the sources on Github.

The Hood

menuconf.tab is difficult to learn!  It took me a while...  I have some part-completed way graphics for narrow gauge I did a while back so perhaps I should get ahead and do the button myself.   But that would require me to draw some depots and trains as well.  Maybe a placeholder would do for now?

jamespetts

Perhaps you could upload your part-completed narrow gauge .blends somewhere (Github is a good place to put .blends - the best that I've found so far) so that Greenling and anyone else wanting to work on narrow gauge can start easily? It might be useful to upload all the way/station/boat .blends while you're at it.

greenling

Jammespetts,The hood
A Infoupdate!
I have no blender.exe i Use paint.exe ,Paintnet.exe or Picasa 3.exe to a paint picture.
Operatingsystem windows 7
On Thursday moring beginn be me Holidays and i cam on the next thursday on the evenig back.
In those day have in no Internetconnectins!

jamespetts

Might I recommend that you use Blender? It's a free download. It's far easier to create graphics using Blender than it is to paint them. Also, The Hood and Kierongreen are very keen for Pak128.Britain to be graphically consistent, and it is very difficult indeed to make graphics that fit in with the rest of Pak128.Britain (with exactly the right lighting and shading) without Blender.

The Hood

I will try to incorporate narrow gauge in the menus and upload existing graphics to SVN by the end of the week.  From there people can add their own things if they wish, but it won't be high up my to-do list (although I'd love to do it at some stage).  Any new graphics that people make which are consistent with the pak128.Britain style I will consider for inclusion in the official release.

greenling