News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Praises and a couple of bug reports

Started by Bear789, September 13, 2012, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear789

Hi, I'm new here. First, I want to say that I really love the pak, it's my favourite.
Maybe it's not kind to use the first message to point out problems, but I played the pak so much that I saw a couple of weird things, I hope this helps.

- LMR Bird has a top speed of 66 km/h, but the only kind of tracks available for her entire life has a maximum speed of 60 km/h.

- LNWR Crewe type uses the Bloomer tender that is introduced in 1851, which is her retire date; it seems that you can still use the locomotive without problems, though. Also, the top speed of the tender is lower (85 km/h vs 90). Speaking of speed, she seems a little bit overpowered: the top speed of 90 km/h is way higher than any older engine (the fastest is 66 km/h, so it's a large gap) and still faster that the next two passenger engines (Jenny Lind - 70 km/h and Bloomer 85 km/h).

- I don't know if this is actually wanted: in 1855 a new set of freight cars is introduced. However, the bulk goods and the long goods cars have lower top speed that the rest of the set (50 and 55 km/h vs 70)

- CSLR tube locomotive is introduced in 1890 and retired in 1910, yet the electrifications are available only after 1907, which basically makes her useless. The tube set, tunnels and stations, is available only from 1900. Not a big deal because you can use standard tunnels and stations, yet, for aesthetic purposes, it would be better to use the proper infrastructure.
Also, the locomotive seems really overpowered. I visited the LT Museum; there's a sign on the CSLR loco stored there that says that it managed to pull only a three carriage train at full speed. I made the in game version pull a 20 padded cells train without any speed penalty, and a full 24 cars with just some minor issues.

EDIT: ****, wrong board. I'm sorry.

The Hood

Thanks - I'll look into these. A lot of work needs to be done on balancing power/speed/cost and a lot of new vehicles have been added since this was last done. As for your point 3 - the idea is that heavier bulk goods typically ran in slow trains whereas boxed goods are faster, higher-value cargo requiring faster locos.