News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Airplanes realignement

Started by Milko, September 02, 2011, 01:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

Because of a constraint programming planes that stop along the south and east directions
(see this thread for more information http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6844.msg65882 # msg65882) move forward half tile. The result is that in the south and east direction the plane stops at the outside of the pitch load. If the plane is small we do not notice anything, but if the plane is great you are likely to see it stop on the adjacent tile. In the files ".Dat" vehicles can hold back the aircraft to align it properly. This form of alignment solves the problem of the stop of the plane but it introduces another in the form of deposit in which you can buy new aircraft. After aligning the planes move in the selection mask and become a little taller and moved back as in the example that I enclose, where the first plane was realigned (you can see the stop position of the plane, which is ok, and the position in which it appears in the mask dacquisto of new aircraft, where the aircraft is lagging behind). Another side effect of the realignment is contained jerky movement when the aircraft is on track, but it is a very obvious defect.
I was thinking to fix all ".Dat" to realign the aircraft, what do you think?

Giuseppe

The Hood

Personally I think changing the alignments could lead to large side effects which aren't good.  It's probably fine as it is for now.

Milko

Hello

Ok, now I do not change them.

For the future, if you decide to change this decision, I inform you that the offsets seem to be ok.

EmptyImage[ E ]      -32,-16
EmptyImage[ S ]      +32,-16

Giuseppe

The Hood

OK, I might give them a try and I'll decide whether they add anything or not.

Milko

Hello James

I use the automatic translator and sometimes I fear that my sentences are ambiguous ...

I meant only to communicate the movements that realign the model, I did not want to ask you to review the position on this issue.  :)

Giuseppe