News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[10.3] Credit limit

Started by Brambo, November 06, 2011, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brambo

Hi,

I am having some issues regarding the credit limit. I'm not sure what is a bug and what is WAD, but I'll just list everything. I am playing pak128.britain exp 0.8.2.

-After 4 months with a negative balance, credit limit drops from whatever it was at previously to 0. This makes little sense imho, credit limit should depend on profitability, not on bank balance.
-After going back into the black, it takes a while for the credit limit to go above 0. This makes just as little sense.
-See screenshot in link below. I am in the black (just a little) and want to build a wooden platform. Since this costs 150, I have enough money in the bank. However, the game refuses to allow me this, citing my bad credit limit. This is definitely a bug. A reload of the save game did not help. I subsequently opened the finiancial overview. It turned out my credit limit is over 158K! I subsequently was able to build the platform as well. Looks like the credit limit is not always updated as it should.

Hope you can look into this! :)

Regards,
Bram

Screenshots + save:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONMNPWFG

jamespetts

Brambo,

thank you for your reports. The slow accumulation of credit limit is intended, as is the credit limit being based on cash flow. The third point does sound like a bug, though: can you upload a saved game?

Meanwhile, if you would like to suggest an alternative method of calculating the credit limit, might I suggest that you start a new thread so that this thread can focus on the bug?

Thank you very much for your report.

Edit: Oops - just noticed that the link had a saved game as well as a screenshot.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't reproduce this with a debug build from the 10.x branch...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.