News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Pak64.Experimental 0.1

Started by Carl, September 05, 2011, 10:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

While it's true that cities all follow the same growth rules, they won't all have the same starting point: when you create a map, there will always be a few bigger cities and quite a lot of small towns. Since you'll probably serve the bigger cities first, those bigger cities will get even larger before the small towns get a chance to grow at all (since I think that transporting passengers/mail/goods to and from a city leads to higher growth -- is this right?). So there will always be quite a big discrepancy between the larger cities -- which will have many attractions and amenities -- and the smaller cities, which won't.

So I think that 'variable growth' is built into (a) the map creation and (b) the way you build your network, so having the same growth rules for all cities is probably the right approach.

Combuijs

Quotesince I think that transporting passengers/mail/goods to and from a city leads to higher growth -- is this right?

Yes, this is right. Further, there are 3 different and configurable growing percentages for small cities (villages), medium cities and big cities (capitals).
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

colonyan

I think I wanted to cities to have different growth behavior because cities of originally
similar sizes all grow into similar sizes and I thought that was not so interesting in how
you will manage your network based on that.

I wanted to game element environment (especially cities and industries) to behave
with more variation in how they react to player input. Within the manner that player can
predict the behavior up to certain point where based on information which will be provided
inside the game as form of existence of city industry or other elements.

Some city could remain small and along the passenger train line that passes,
only local train will stop at there since demand will be smaller for an example.
For instance, this is another story.

Carl

Those who've been testing this pakset may wish to upgrade to Simutrans Experimental 10.0, which has a number of new features and bugfixes.

The new "variable loading times" feature of Experimental will be implemented in the next version of pak64.experimental.

Milko

Hi Carl

Many thanks for the pak.

It 'the first time you use your pak.

I found some things that (maybe) have to be corrected.

Initial sum of money, by default you start with a number 203.628,9 seems a little strange.

Vehivle: Rail loco: Swiss Federal Railways, monthly maintenance costs are set to 0.

The railway bridges have not set the weight limit.

These are some things I've noticed the game starting in 1940, with the game I should be able to continue to provide additional reports.

Giuseppe

Carl

Hi Milko,

Thanks for your testing and for drawing those bugs to my attention. I'll check them out ASAP. I don't have much time to work on the pakset at the moment, but I'm hoping to find time to put out a 0.2 release -- with bug fixes and new attractions -- soon.

Milko

Hello

I also need your idea about the congestion of cities.

Looking at the http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Gioco64.sve file you can see how all the cities (the case for the cities served and for those not served) are a lot of private cars. I'm not an expert of the game (I'm ultimately creating planes and I'm playing very little) and I can not understand whether it is a wrong way I play or if the basic configuration of pak64exp contains too many private cars.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

I suggest setting the private car factor to 11 or so.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Pak64Exp has private car factor set to 16.  :) I suggest to reduce the default configuration.

@James
pak64Exp starting money is = 200.000, but starting the game the money appear 203.628,90€, This is a bug?

Giuseppe

Carl

Just to confirm that the default private car level has been noted as too high and will be reduced in the next release.

Milko

Hello

All depots (ship, road, ...) have 0 maintenance costs.

Giuseppe

Carl

I've noticed this: but it isn't confined to pak64.experimental. It seems to occur in several different paksets now, which makes me think it must be to do with Simutrans itself rather than the pakset.

Xpiral

Has this pack been discontinued or what has happened to the development. Also i don't seem to find any means of transporting crates of cooled goods.

Carl

Hi Xpiral!

I'm working on an 0.2 release right now which should be ready very soon. (The last couple of months have been very hectic for me, hence the delay.)

I'll look into the cooled goods issue -- but note that the Food addon has been lifted wholesale from pak64, so I don't think that pak64.experimental can have introduced any *new* bugs here.

Xpiral

oh OK thx for the reply I'll w8 for it. I just stated getting in to simutrans so don't really know all the details... so do i need an addon or something? my problem was that i wanted to transport fish from a fishing pond to a grocery in town and i could not find anything to carry cooled goods(the description of the pond was that fish is cooled goods). and also some trucks and some trailers carried nothing like: 5 nothing 15 nothing

Carl

Having checked, it seems that the food wagons were missing entirely from the 0.1 release. This was an oversight on my part -- apologies! These wagons will be present in 0.2.

Xpiral

no problem :) keep up the good work, maybe u'll look into the problem with some trucks and trailers carry nothing like some trucks have: carry 5 crates of goods these have 5 nothing, 10 nothing

Carl

Could you point me toward which trucks have this issue? Also, which screen do you see the "t nothing, 10 nothing" displayed on?

greenling

carlbaker
can you by the next relase be Splitt the Pakfiles from the Scoures!
Thank You!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Xpiral

in the depot the H-trans pellet truck and the SMP tanker truck on capacity one has 17 nothing and the other 40 nothing

Carl

I've found the cause of that bug, and it should be fixed in 0.2.

Greenling: will do!