News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Private gate sign

Started by jamespetts, October 05, 2011, 11:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A new feature, the private gate sign, has just been implemented into the Standard nightlies: see here for details. It requires paksets to produce supporting graphics. This is a potentially significant multilayer feature, but the graphics for it should be relatively straightforward. Might I suggest the use of player colour?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

Yes playercolors are useful!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

OK, I'll add it to the to-do list.  Unless you've already drawn one for experimental?

jamespetts

No - I am developing an alternative system for Experimental using user modifiable access rights, so these signs will not be necessary in Experimental.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

One can use something liek the fenced crossing I used in pak64, for rail. For road maybe just a barrier in player colors. Maybe this evening I will scale up pak64 graphics and edit them by hand.

Fabio

pak 128 has them, too.
(I painted them and they are on SVN)

prissi

Yes, but the rising bollards are not very fitting the pre1990ies; and I found them in pratical games almost non-visible. Thus for earlier years (as pak128.Britain is certainly gearded for) a road barrier seems more appropriate, imho.

jamespetts

I agree with Prissi. Indeed, could one re-use the crossing barriers, adding a sign in player colour?

The Hood

I think something similar to pak64 is probably best, although I may add some older style gates later on assuming it does timeline?  The pak128 bollards are quite realistic too, but I agree they are limited in timeframe.

Fabio

Unfortunately signs don't have front/back image, because a modified red/green traffic light + a playercolor sign would be much better: it's wierd accessing with a player and seeing trains or trucks of another player driving through closed gates.