News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

"Factory [X] stop"

Started by Carl, September 17, 2011, 11:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

When you build a stop near a factory, the default stop name is "[City] Factory X stop", where X is the name of the factory. This seems silly for many city-based factories. "[City] Factory Book Shop stop" and "[City] Factory Supermarket stop" are rather incongruous names.

So my questions: is there any way to change this (e.g. in en.tab or equivalent language files)? If not, could it be made possible to change it?

An alternative question: is there any need for the "factory" component in these names at all? Does it help to disambiguate at all, or is it just redundant?

An_dz

Yes, it's possible. Inside the .tab file search for line:
%s factory %s %s

1º %s is city name, 2º factory name, 3º stop name
Not sure about the 3º but I think it should show a text from unnecessary_text Xcenter, Xsuburb, and others.

Carl

Thanks An_dz. There doesn't seem to be such a line in my .tab file, so if I insert the following two lines, will that do the trick?

%s factory %s %s
%s %s %s

An_dz

Yes, some lines are not listed on tab files cause it's redundant. No need to translate one string to the same thing.
Since I'm a translator I have those redundant lines but commented, so I can always keep track of them.

prissi

The english text connected with this is actually "%s %s yard" ...