News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Playing around with GIMP

Started by ojii, September 20, 2011, 09:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ojii

I've been playing around with GIMP a bit, trying to make a nice screenshot of one of the biggest cities I have in a game I'm currently playing.

The game is pak128, 756x756, roughly 1.1 million passengers per month. About 100 lines.

This is the second busiest station I have in the game: Shin-Nara, the Shinkansen train station just south of the second biggest City Nara (88k inhabitants). It's the main hub for all the northwestern areas.

(Click for a bigger image, warning: 2.2MB!)

The legend for the numbers on the screenshot:

1: Asahikawa Express (2 12-Car Trains, 160km/h, 17k passengers/month)
2: Hayata Shinkansen (5 12-Car Trains, 270km/h, 37k passengers/month)
3: Nakuma Shinkansen (2 Platforms, 8 12-Car Trains, 87k passengers/month)
4: Nara Metro Tozai Line (1 8-Car Train, 110km/h, 10k passengers/month)
5: Nara Metro Toyota Line (2 Platforms, 2 8-car Trains, 110km/h, 20k passengers/month)
6: Nara Metro Naboku Line (3 8-Car Trains, 110km/h, 30k passengers/month)
7: Hayabusa Shinkansen (11 12-Car Trains, 270km/h, 103k passengers/month)
8: Afuna Line (1 8-Car Train, 110km/h, 11k passengers/month)

Total: 10 Platforms (8 underground, 1 ground level, 1 elevated), 8 Lines, 186 convoys/month, 151k passengers/month

The Hayabusa Shinkansen connects Shin-Nara to Kita-Yokkaichi, the buesiest station (~155k passengers/month, ~200 convoys/month, 11 lines) and is pretty much reaching it's capacity. It will be the first line to be upgraded to 300km/h once tracks supporting those speeds become available (all Shinkansen Trainsets have a max speed of 300km/h but are limited to 270km/h by the tracks at the moment).

The 4 Shinkansen Trainsets you see in the top left are (from left to right): A Nakuma Shinkansen bound for Shin-Kushiro, a Nakuma Shinkansen bound for Shin-Nara (and then onwards to Shin-Matsue), a Hayabusa Shinkansen bound for Kita-Yokkaichi and a Hayabusa Shinkansen bound for Shin-Nara. In the bottom right you can see a Hayate Shinkansen from Shin-Fukui bound for Shin-Nara.

PS: Fun fact, played this game a bit on the Hikari Shinkansen today (in real life I mean, there's also a Hikari Shinkansen in my game) from Tokyo to Osaka :D

vilvoh

Wow, amazing screenshot!  :o

If you upload a version without number tooltips, It would be a perfect wallpaper. ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...