News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Rail and road gates

Started by Fabio, October 10, 2011, 02:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Just to take full advantage of the new feature, here's two new signs.

Rail Gate:
pretty much the same as for pak 64

Road Raising Bollards
starting from 1970.
Radio controlled Rising bollards are used to prevent citycars or cars from other players from entering a reserved road (this design is bet on city roads)

Sources and paks in attachment

Václav

I have downloaded it - and looked on both gates. And I don't know what to think about them. It means they are not nice nor awful - but I waited something else.  ???

Exactly something what would look like signal bridge (regardless of some problems that are with them) - more than castle gate (on rails).  :-[

So, here is quite good toll gate - for roads - and with minor changes it would be used also for rails.  :)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Not possible, at least not now.
The only allowed image is a back image, so it needs to be something BELOW or BEHIND the vehicles.
The road bollards come in a design pretty much used in real life.
The rail gate is inspired by the gates used sometimes for private railroads entering factory grounds.
I will think if i can find some other idea, at least for railways, but at least now we can test the new feature also with pak 128...

VS

Hm... the problem with front/back images is... a problem. Nothing more :) As to the form, I like both ideas, but. Part of having a good interactive (?) item is communicating very visibly that "here is something", which does not work that well for bollards right now. Anyway, both items are usable, which is half of success ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

Quote from: fabio on October 10, 2011, 03:50:46 PM
The rail gate is inspired by the gates used sometimes for private railroads entering factory grounds.
In this way it is quite good - but else it would deserve better face, then. So, what about this?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

stmaker

Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Vladki

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on October 10, 2011, 05:26:13 PM
In this way it is quite good - but else it would deserve better face, then. So, what about this?

What about this design? http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9551.msg102556#msg102556