News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Join game #3 on moblet.simutrans.entropy.me.uk here

Started by moblet, October 12, 2011, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moblet

Quote from: mwoodburn81 on October 18, 2011, 05:47:14 PMI was experience a lot of lag
Have you tried increasing the value of additional_client_frames_behind in your simconf file? 4 or 8 are suggested values. Linux users can experience very bad lag with depot and schedule controls regardless.

mwoodburn81

Quote from: moblet on October 19, 2011, 01:11:59 PM
Have you tried increasing the value of additional_client_frames_behind in your simconf file? 4 or 8 are suggested values. Linux users can experience very bad lag with depot and schedule controls regardless.

That seamed to help.  It makes it playable most of the time.

ojii

What's up with the second 'west passenger' player in the playerlist?

Also where's north pax? Don't see any passenger lines in that quarter...

And for East Pax: I suggest you build an airport near Mascow and schedule flights to Hamsterdam International Airport so we can connect the 3 existing passenger networks.

Getting a bit too rich and have nothing to spend my money on :(

yorkeiser

Hi, I'm east pax.
I'm sorry but I hadn't time to connect this days, however I have to redesign all the network adding trains. When done, I'll make some public stops, now it's not useful.

Cheers

moblet

Quote from: ojii on October 20, 2011, 09:41:10 AM
What's up with the second 'west passenger' player in the playerlist?

Also where's north pax? Don't see any passenger lines in that quarter...
The yellow player is north pax, aka Vonjo, who might have got confused when naming his player. He apologised earlier in the thread for his delay in joining the game.

Quote from: ojii on October 20, 2011, 09:41:10 AM
Getting a bit too rich and have nothing to spend my money on :(
It happens. Not unusual in these games to be rolling in money once you have a basic network running.

jjatca, since your inbox is still full, please read:
I have lines in place to deliver meat and steel to Chickchester Freight Interchange for delivery to Cowserslautern Meat Packing Plant (489,355), so please set up lines in your territory. I am using truck depot 725,333 at the interchange, the others are available to you. Let me know if and when you'd like a railyard built there for you, either underground on level -1, or on level 0.

ojii

Quote from: moblet on October 20, 2011, 10:05:23 AM
The yellow player is north pax, aka Vonjo, who might have got confused when naming his player. He apologised earlier in the thread for his delay in joining the game.
It happens. Not unusual in these games to be rolling in money once you have a basic network running.

My apologize for being impatient.

So Vonjo: If you want a little help getting started, I could build a high-speed rail link from Hajopolis to Hangshai and/or from Hamsterdam to Chromium, with your permission of course. I'd build the station just before the city limits and you can connect from there to the city. That should make your initial network a lot more profitable and help you get off the ground. Alternatively I could build a public airport near one of your cities for you to schedule flights to Hamsterdam (or you can do so yourself, although that might be a bit tough on your finances in the beginning).
Or I could open a public station near Hajopolis for you to connect to. Just gimme a shout what you would prefer most.

Vonjo

What? I name myself west pax??? :o I'm sorry, I must be confused with the previous game. ;D

Sorry I'm quite busy at the moment. As I said, I will play as late as this weekend.

Ojii, thanks for your offering. I think I will go to the west public airport first (is it yours?).
I'm going to bankrupt myself to get more money. So if my slot is empty, keep it empty until I activate it myself. It doesn't break the rules, right?

moblet

Quote from: Vonjo on October 20, 2011, 05:21:11 PM
I'm going to bankrupt myself to get more money. So if my slot is empty, keep it empty until I activate it myself. It doesn't break the rules, right?
Never thought about it in making the rules, but I think your plan is a good one. It's better for the other pax players if you start with more money so you can connect to them faster.

moblet

jjatca: Please supply corn from 682,414 to Chickchester Freight Interchange. I have a train ready and waiting so product will move immediately. (If you can clear your inbox a little I can send these by PM.)

VS

I've enabled PMs for both jjatca and ojii, since they didn't ask yet. Hope you can all talk now :) /offtopic

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

choro

Simutrans disconnects from the server 30 seconds or so after I log in... How can I fix it?

moblet

Quote from: chor on October 22, 2011, 02:10:10 PM
Simutrans disconnects from the server 30 seconds or so after I log in... How can I fix it?
Can happen with the default Windows version. Try the SDL version when this happens.

moblet

I don't know, but I just logged in now without a problem.

ojii

haha someone accidentally blocked my ring line in hajopolis, result:

those poor people waiting for their train :D

choro

Ah, that's nothing. In game #2 my main train line (pax) got stuck for one night, leaving 3,000,000 at Chickchester waiting for their train.
The huge queue didn't end until I increased the size of my trains days later...

Ashley

I'd like to move this game onto the new Simutrans stable version (111.0) since this version has a number of nice fixes compared to the older version and the old listings server will vanish soon. I can try to do this in such a way as to preserve the existing map or we could start a new fresh map at the same time.

Would you also be happy to move to a more recently nightly release of pak128? It's up to r582 of the open branch, though this is much less of an issue ongoing.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

moblet

That's all fine with me Timothy. This game isn't appearing on the listings server anyway.

Personally I'd be aiming to keep the existing game going if that's easy enough to do but am happy to put it to a vote. If keeping the old game is a lot of work for you, Timothy, don't bother trying to preserve it.

If we start a new game the growth parameters can be changed, opinions on growth rates welcome.

jjatca

I would have to agree with moblet on this subject.

choro

Agreed too. 111.0 seems to have many excellent new features, so I'd prefer playing in it, even if it means the game has to be restarted.