News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Speed bonus calculation

Started by Milko, October 15, 2011, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

Exp10.2 - Pak64Exp
I think there is an error in the calculation of the speed bonus in the window list of the goods.
Using speedbonus =- 40 I get the same prices for all the good that I get with speedbonus = +40, the maximum speed I get with the bonus income = 0.

It maybe that also fee are affected?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

May I ask - to what did you set the "distance"? The effect of the speed bonus varies with distance, such that, at the minimum distance, it has very little effect.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Distance = 15, with longer distances, the problem does not occur.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

This issue does not occur with Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.2; I think that the cause of it in Pak64.Experimental is that the speed bonus values are much lower, reducing considerably the effect of the speed bonus.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

That's odd -- I thought that the speedbonus values in pak64.experimental were the same as those in pak128.Britain-Ex. Is this not the case?

jamespetts

Hmm, I remember reading somewhere that they had been changed in a recent release. Certainly, the issue does not occur with Pak128.Britain-Ex.

Milko

Hello

I have no certainty (I did a few tests so far), but with the pak64exp I struggle to make profits by using high-speed trains to transport passengers.

Giuseppe

greenling

Milko The Speed bonus calculation in pak64.experimental cam out the Pak standart.
And There it´s the Speed bonus calculation same difficult to corectet.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

I shall move this to the Pak64.Experimental forum, as this seems to be an issue specific to this pakset.