SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Mail - Unable to carry all

Started by Severous, October 17, 2011, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

Pak128

On this small map everything is covered and gets carried.  Stations cover all squares of all industry and every building in cities is covered.  Passenger carried % is 99%-100%. Rarely is any station full of anything. But mail just wont go up.  As I want city growth I think I am missing a component part of city growth.

Any ideas why all the Mail is not being carried?

My only theory is that mail is transporting itself.  But I would't expect it that much. I would expect it to be like passengers, and that I could achieve high proportion of mail transports.

Regards
Sev.

greenling

Severous
Have you build Postoffice on the Stations?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Severous

Hello greenling.

Yes. There is a mail box or other mail type station attached to every station on the map.  Stations accept and generate mail. 

There are no 'no route' passengers.  Everyone can get everywhere they might want to get to.
Regards
Sev.

VS

"Unable to carry all" means, you can't get to 100% ± ε ?

The first thing I can think of is, industries can take mail, too. Second... only unfounded speculations.

PS: This is a very interesting experiment, could actually unearth bugs or clarify behaviours... :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Which version? And do you have a savegame?

Passengers should be well under 100% in current nightlies, as those are walking (which is not recorded properly in statistics yet).

Severous

Hello Gents,

Link to saved game:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Messed_up36.sve

It is Pak128 Version 110.0.1 r4359 with no mods or other simuconfig stuff altered. Bog standard edition.

The original save game was however not created by me but was downloaded from this forum, from the Arena there is is marked as a messed up game and a challenge to put right.  I don't think the mail is meant to be deliberately messed up. That save is still there.

All industry, all squares of each industry, is covered by part of a connected station.

Only new theories or possibilities i guess at:
- The mail line has an obsolete vehicle in it. Would that reduce mail carries?
- The original game was created by someone else - might they, or their version done something to the mail settings?
- High numbers of demolished buildings, 50% of all plots. Might they still be counted in the mail processes as existing? Mail can never get there so cannot be generated to travel?
- Mail needs a bigger map before it all gets generated - its so small they can shout messages to each other ? :-)

Regards
Sev.