News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Translating pak128 is possible again

Started by VS, October 24, 2011, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

As the title says - pak128 is finally enabled in SimuTranslator. Many thanks to Prissi for help, although that didn't exactly end as we wished. Anyway, the work is done :) The pakset is half old, half new, so expect lots of "holes" in translations.

There have been numerous technical problems, it seems translator is almost read-only for massive data manipulation. As a result:

• There might be lots of \n littered throughout the text. Please take care of these as you happen upon them.
  • You might find that some objects are still missing - if so, please check that their names can be actually seen in game (!) and then report them. Pedestrians are one example where translation is useless...

If you want to refer to old translation data, they are available from sourceforge SVN at revision 580, or more easily from a copy on my pages. These texts could be handy in case you want to copy something, such as objects that were made new and have new ID, but can have the same "visible" name.

I hope that's all for now... happy translating :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

javavall

I could help with translating simutrans in Greek, unless there are already people working on that.

VS

If you have a translator account, you can already do that. There isn't any special permission required to translate this set :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi