News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Negative number of homeless people in city information window

Started by Mike Rosoft, October 29, 2011, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Rosoft

The city information window sometimes reports a negative number of homeless people, see screenshot. (This occurred immediately after the map has been generated; I have been doing some construction, but I didn't interact with the city in any way and less than 2 days from the start of the game have passed.)

(I couldn't attach the image, since it was too large; it can be found here.)

Mike Rosoft

Severous

Hello Mike. Welcome to the forum.

I have seen this as well. Negative homeless. I assume it means the city has built a new building, or added a level to an existing building, and currently has a surplus of housing spaces. More than enough to house the population plus a bit more besides.  Now wouldn't that be nice if real life were like that!
Regards
Sev.

Fabio

Maybe a better translation would be needed. Something like homeless > searching house? 

Severous

If negative homeless does represent 'Surplus Housing' then just call it that? 

Its a minor thing not affecting gameplay and very temporary. Why bother altering it at all.
Regards
Sev.

An_dz

It's easier add in the code to don't show negative numbers.

Fabio

Being easy, I think translation is by large and far the easiest change: just a line in translator (e.g. Housing need or Housing demand) :D

An_dz

I don't think so, Simutrans have lot of languages and lot of them don't have active translators, changing the translation will make all translations outdated.

This way no need for new translations. By the way, I don't think more than one line will be required to don't show negative numbers in the code.

Ters

I think it's useful to show negative numbers, as it indicates housing surplus. Just changing the translated text sounds fine with me.