News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Proposition of building

Started by mEGa, November 28, 2011, 07:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hello,

I propose to the pak 128 my last creation : Sacred Heart Church of Munchen . An adaptation of the famous modern church from Munchen (Germany). Here the pak set :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:tourisme#monuments_churchs

What do you think about it ?

sources:
sacred_heart_munchen.zip
building.sacred_heart_munchen.pak

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

It's very nice :) I'm certainly not against!

However, how hard would it be to get a winter version? The minimal change to satisfy that would be bare trees and snow on roof...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mEGa

Oh, yes winter view was included on pak set. See  the source file :

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Although I'm not a big fan of all these churches in game, I have to say: an awesome piece of work you did there!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

So, to be formally precise: what objections are there to inclusion, particularly from team?

As to many churches - dunno. I agree that there should be lots of things like schools, hospitals, libraries, courts, concert halls, etc. - and they are not. However, I disagree with the idea of not having religious structures at all. That's just personal, though.

DirrrtyDirk

I have no objections at all. No need to compensate anything - it's just a piece of beautiful work IMO.

Zeno

greenling

mega
The Photo looks very good!
And the Photo with Winter be nice!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I have no objections to churches being added in Simutrans. They certainly exist in real life. I wish there weren't as many in Simutrans; even better, all as addons.

However, some object to nuclear and military things, and those exist as well. I'm not arguing for a change in what's included, only explaining my personal feeling. :)

Arkadiusz

Actually, I really believe it, when I try to destroy a church, and get "The owner refuses..." message and when I try the same on some useless industry leftovers I feel a bit different about it... ;)

On topic: Great church! How about proposing it to the pak128.german team?

mEGa

It will be hard to post a response...
Personally, I don't want to impose religious buildings... This is why I adapted a modern church which really does not seem a religious building. Only the white cross on the bell-tower... But it belongs to the unit.

I 'm agree to propose this church to the pak128german team.

In french topic we hav beginning to tell about librairies, hospitals and museums...
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6476.msg80805#msg80805

So I start a project with "Bibilothèque Nationale de France" (National library of France) located in Paris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblioth%C3%A8que_nationale_de_France

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The community has decided that churches are okay, and it would be a shame not to include such a really pretty and well made building.

If no more churches are added, I'd recommend finding the least good church and replacing it with this one. :)

Fabio

Religious buildings are an importate and distinctive feature of cityscapes, regardless of one's personal religious beliefs.
Probably, too many churches in one city are just... too many!

Probably they should be divided better in climates, at least it would be more distinctive of a certain city in the map.

Also coding them as MONs would help, but this would probably be overkill, as we don't have so many of them...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: fabio on November 30, 2011, 02:03:56 PM
Religious buildings are an importate and distinctive feature of cityscapes, regardless of one's personal religious beliefs.

You say this like military installations and nuclear facilities aren't important and distinctive features in countries - though of course typically not in cities - as well. :)

mEGa

All decisions you decide  will be appropriate me. Don't worry ;-)

VS

Would monuments with introduction date actually appear? I think it's a bit too special to be constructed in all cities...

mEGa

Quote from: VS on November 30, 2011, 07:45:34 PM
Would monuments with introduction date actually appear? I think it's a bit too special to be constructed in all cities...
This church  appears from 1997 (near the real date of construction)

Václav

Quote from: fabio on November 30, 2011, 02:03:56 PM
Probably, too many churches in one city are just... too many!
But only if those churches are of only one religion, for example catholic. But if you will have three churches of three religions, for example catholic, protestant and judaism, situation will be much better - because each of them will have at least a little different outer face.

Catholic church (quite historical)

protestant church (built in thirties of twentieth century)

synagogue(s)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Atm we have a synagogue, a mosque and several churched,just one of which clearly catholique(baroque) and one russian orthodox. gothic and more modern ones could be protestant as well.

mEGa

Quote from: fabio on December 02, 2011, 10:44:12 PM
Atm we have a synagogue, a mosque and several churched,just one of which clearly catholique(baroque) and one russian orthodox. gothic and more modern ones could be protestant as well.
The Sacred heart of Munchen is catholic church as you can know it, but with its modernism it could look like a Protestant church... But as it appears since 1997, we can adjust parameters so that it is only built in "very" big cities?

Václav

Quote from: fabio on December 02, 2011, 10:44:12 PM
I know that in pak128 is synagogue (only in description - looks like church of islam) present but it (pak128) deserves also synagogue in classical style. Gothic churches may be of protestant religion but hardly because this way of Christianity began on turn fn the fourteenth and the fifteenth century (John Wicleff, Jan Hus and Martin Luther) and it was age when gothic architecture was ending.

Baroque architecture has beginning in late seventeenth century and it was (mostly in lands of Czech crown) age when only catholic was not prohibited.

And by the way, protestant churches (those built until end of nineteeth century) are not so ... (I did not find the most fitting word  :-[ ) like catholic churches - and they are marked (each of them) by that double cross like that one from my previous post.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

mEGa

Hi community,

I want to present you my last creation : holy_genevieve_library, a freely adaptation of famous library Sainte Geneviève located in Paris.
I mean it can complete curiosity buildings since beginning period of the game.

more details here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:doc_biblio_holy_genevieve_mega

pakset :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:library_holy_genevieve.pak

sources :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:library_holy_genevieve.zip

caracteristics :
Type=cur
Passengers=20
intro_year=1800
chance=100
Build_time=4000
copyright=mEGa
Location=city

EDIT :
I had forgotten 2 trees in winter view... It is corrected and updated... Apologizes ;-)

ave616

I'm really impressed. Especially by winter version.
Addons:
Ready: PESA 120Na 'Swing'

In progress: PESA ELF

DirrrtyDirk

VS

There isn't a dat file for the church...

mEGa

Quote from: VS on December 11, 2011, 08:51:14 PM
There isn't a dat file for the church...
Of course because it is a old public library (Even if it named "holy"...). I mean that variable "cur" is appropriated, isn't it ?
Otherwise we can change his name... Old Public Library may be ?

VS

??? This is not about name :) Library has png+dat, church has only png.

mEGa

Quote from: VS on December 12, 2011, 08:43:24 AM
??? This is not about name :) Library has png+dat, church has only png.
Oups, sorry. Repaired (see joined file) ;)

VS

edit: Added as r644.