News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Richer financial reports

Started by japa86, October 31, 2011, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japa86

Hi!

I love having numeric data about everything. At the moment I feel the information I get from the Financial report lumps everything in to one figure and makes it hard to identify problem areas. I suggest the following:

1) Could Revenue and Maintenance Costs be divided in to parts so that it would be easy to calculate profitability for each transport system?

• Road Vehicle
  • Railroad Vehicle
  • Ship
  • Electricity
  • etc.

This way I could easily see if I have a problem with profitability in e.g. my rail road system.

This actually came up in my game. I had a fabulously profitable bus/truck network with 50% profit margin. After I made an electricity network my profit-% plummetted down. Of course I knew that it was the electricity that dragged down the number, but when time goes on and each system grows larger, I would find it hard to identify where the problem lies.

-Jaakko

prissi

This is impossible (apart from suggested several times) since goods may be changed between different modes of transport several times. If you use lines, you will get a more detailed breakdown.

japa86

Thanks for quick reply and sorry for asking something that has already been suggested.

Would it then be possible to group lines together to form some sort of "business units" from which you could get separate finance information? And also have electricity as totally separate business so that its numbers would not get mixed up with transport business numbers?

-Jaakko

prissi

In the nightly electricity is properly seperated from the other numbers. You have also the option to run electricity as a seperate company.