News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

some praise

Started by Roads, November 18, 2008, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

I've been playing for a couple days now and let's see if I can come up with some praise.  For years I have been saying that I had rather think than click; have wanted to play a game that was situational as opposed to event driven and one that rewarded good playing instead of punishing it.  This game is all that and I haven't even built any train track yet.  But oh, those buses! :)

You people have created something exceptional and I love it.  If there is any way I can help, either donation of money or time, please let me know.  Just one thing tho, I need to wait a few days as it is not possible for me to get away from the game right now.  ;)

KrazyJay

Welcome to the forum! This website contains some information on how Simutrans was created: Simutrans history (link). Nowadays Prissi is the big man here :D, but most important of all, everyone can add content and share tips and suggestions. To be honest, I would have thought this were (to be) a paid game. Excuse my bad grammar there. Have fun out here! Oh, by the way, Simutrans has many faces, called Pak sets. Feel free to take a look here: Pak sets (link).
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

Roads

Thanks for the reply and links KrazyJay.  I guess Hj.'s story is one great success out of thousands of "yet-to-be" or "never-to-be" successful.  My own will likely be the latter.  Lucky for me, this game is at least 50% similar to what I would have done if I had his ability and determination.