News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

pak128 version 2.0.0 - released

Started by VS, November 09, 2011, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello!
While the long-term goal of having a verified and balanced play has not been reached yet, there has been a ton of improvements everywhere. It would be a shame to keep them in nightlies and alpha, thus this stable release out of nowhere :)

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.0.0 (26 MB) for Simutrans 111.0

Thanks to everyone who helped, this release brings these changes from previous stable version (1.4.6):

• Removed countless objects for which license agreement was not obtained - mostly vehicles
  • Farm products split to bulk foodstuffs and piece goods (wool, cotton)
  • Lots of new rail vehicles from Zeno - "Duck" EMU & DMU series, wagons for for fluids, bulk foodstuffs and liquid food, locomotives...
  • New, consistent and more complete ship set from Zeno
  • Many additional planes from Zeno
  • Some new station extensions (more authors)
  • New roads, bridges, elevated roads and tram tracks by Fabio
  • New water tiles and animation by Fabio
  • Private way signs for roads and rail made by Fabio
  • Various fixes to trees
  • Many other bugfixes and improvements

In other words - many thanks, Fabio and Zeno!

There are too many drastic changes since 1.4.6, so you should treat this release as incompatible with it. The compatibility pack will not help you much - unless you are missing only some factories.

You can also get the sources, from which this release was generated - an 81 MB zip. Besides this, the subversion repository is at http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/simutrans/pak128

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Vonjo

May I add:
New roads (Fabio) (That's the most visible change from 1.4.6, imo)
New tram tracks (Fabio)

Quote from: VS on November 09, 2011, 10:13:12 PM
It would be a shame to keep them in nightlies and alpha, thus this stable release out of nowhere :)
:)

Fabio

outside.dat was NOT updated.
Copyright shows:
copyright=pak128 1.99.0 + nightly
it should show instead
copyright=pak128 2.0

Can we still edit the official release?

Thanks,

VS

Vonjo: Sorry, I had two versions of the announcement and apparently failed to merge them correctly ::(

Fabio: I downloaded the file as linked in the first post, unzipped, ran the game and it showed 2.0.0. So...? There is one bug - We have two changelogs, and I updated only the verbose one, but that's not mission critical I think.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Nothing, i just checked the svn (from which i copypasted here), better like this

VS

Ah :) I didn't check in the file with release version.

Arkadiusz

I have a question about the new tram tracks. They all have the same building and maintenance cost even though they allow different maximum speed. Is this a bug or was it made so by purpose?

Fabio

Bug, indeed. The A and B versions with same speed SHOULD have same costs, different speeds not.

greenling

Super a new pak128 for Simutrans 111.0 .
And the sources will i be look on!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Newby20

is version 1.4.6 addons wouldbe compatible with this new version??hihi

VS

PkK

Does this release come with railroad bridges for speeds greater than 160 km/h? For me they were what I missed most in the stock pack128.

Philipp

VS

I have updated the compatibility pack. It includes all (I hope!) items missing from 2.0.0, so chances to load old saves are a bit better.

(3 MB)
http://128.simutrans.com/download/pak128-compatibility-2.0.0.zip

Newby20

Train-catcher

Yes, it rocks!
But will there any rail bridges with speed more than 160 kmph? They are really needed for a ballanced game (after 1978 year, when the first high-speed train appeared)
Also, it would be better, if there were more rail tunnels=)

Zeno

Not yet, train-catcher. This version has a new full set of roads; rails haven't changed much, and the ones for more speed are not licensed for the open source compilation.
Anyway you can always use bridges from previous pak128 editions or downloaded elsewhere.

ultner

I've a question, are the stops for the airplanes missing or is this a bug, that i cannot build any stop on the runway?  :o

thanks for responding!

Fabio

This isn't pak related. Stops need to be built on taxiways, never on runaways.

Masu

Hi, i have a problem installing this pak.

I add the pak to the simutrans folder, when i open he game i see pak128 (the old pack) and pak128nou (this is the new).

If i click the pak128 it runs correctly, but if i click in pak128nou the game crashes.

I add an image.

VS

You will need to update program to version 111...

(It says pak128 2.0.0 for Simutrans 111.0 ;) )

Zeno

The first of all, you're running an "old" version... look at the top of the post, it says "Pak128 2.0 for Simutrans 111.0" :) (that was quick, vs!! grrr)

Try updating and tell us if it works.
Another interesting thing would be reporting the error message itself, it usually helps a lot, you know.
There shouldn't be any problem with having more than one pak installed at a time... actually I have a really long list (which reminds me I should make some cleaning work....)

Masu

Thanks, that was the problem  :police:

Now i need move the paks   :P

jkund17

Great update guys, I love the improvements!

Luizmarlin

Hi all. So I play the version of 111.1, but I failed, because there are new bridges those preceding it are not there. The problem comes at a time when the bridge standing over any road or track and pillars of the bridge is right on track or road. Although trains and cars drive through the pillars, but it must not be ignored. Otherwise it goes. But what I'm missing is that someone might think of building pipelines, when it is available for warehouses and storage of gas and thus invent a new industry. It is also one way of transportation of goods and materials for the company and the city (oil, water, gas, gasoline, chemicals or post), I think that because some factories to modernize the transport that it was druch osvobuzující from other land transport and the potential congestion. overloading on roads or railways. Earnings as moving things could be dependent on the diameter of pipes and pressure pipes. Such as electricity transformers to somehow be able to pressure stations or substations and also the pressure tank. So how can you build underground so this might not be a problem to transport the building above ground but below ground, the same could work with the electric cables. It is not always good shall have only the electricity pylons across the wide river must build bridges and otherwise not to mention the bridges over the sea (silly, but sometimes no other solution). It's just an idea.