News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Easy challenge: supply pharmacy

Started by Dwachs, November 13, 2011, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

This is a scenario for pak64. Use the latest release.

Here is the scenario description:

Your transport company is engaged to help the oil and pharmacy business in the small city of Port Petrol.

You can build everything you like. The sky (and your bank account) is the limit.

Supply the pharmacy at (42,37). Transport customers there.

The scenario is won if the pharmacy sells 120 units of medicine in one month.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Optimix

I tried to run your challenge but I get a fatal error.
And after pressing "any key" a runtime error.

This is my pak64: 110.0.1
and my simutrans.exe has the same version number.
Can you help me to solve this?

Dwachs

It should work with the latest release (111.0) as of here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8360.0

Is there any message with the fatal error?

Optimix

Maybe there is something wrong here:

It says the version is a 110 one, but if I download I get a 111 version.

Now I removed the 110 pak and installed 111, I just downloaded.
But,........ it seems I really need a 111 exe too......110.exe does
not start anymore.

Dwachs

You should use the latest executable, too. As the savegame was created with 111.0

Optimix

Yes!
I downloaded everything new from here, with the windows installer,
and your challenge works excellent now.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8360.0
Now I have to work :-)

Thanks for your help.

Severous

Completed.
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Pharmacy_scenario.png

This scenario appears to require V111.  Passenger and Mail production bonuses are needed to make the Pharmacy consumption go up high enough to reach the scenario objectives.

Can the help text for the production industry explain the Passenger and Mail production bonuses please?  I know they occur but its not explained in the help text.  Think I will go search the forum now for guidance.
Regards
Sev.

Dwachs

Yes, it requires v111.0.

Some discussion of the relation mail & passenger vs production can be found here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7132.0

The little icons besides the production numbers show which type of supply increases production. If any such increase is in action the icons are drawn as overlay in the factory image.

prissi

Maybe we should add this as default scenario with the game (and of course as new finishing criteria for a scenario)?

Severous

Thanks for the replies Dwachs and prissi.

That thread you provided Dwachs was quite helpful (I couldn't find it via searches).  I will need to micro manage a new attempt at this scenario to try and fully understand the new industrial production features.  The various numbers on the charts dont seem to add up at the moment so a few hours watching them change as buses arrive etc should reveal where my understanding is going wrong.

This map/save is not a very good showcase for Simutrans, not in the same league as the PakBritian128 background save.  But as a scenario thats meant to be played it certainly has merit.  But its not easy. Small and quick to play yes, but the undocumented production features would frustrate new novice players.   If this was the default scenario I suggest two levels. Easy - make the production target very low so that production increases were not necessary (new players just provide the basic transport), then a second 'advanced' scenario with same objective set higher so its only possible via industry production increases.

As a game, especially if you add a time factor this could be very challenging.  I think it can be done one or even two months quicker.
Regards
Sev.

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on November 25, 2011, 10:52:44 PM
Maybe we should add this as default scenario with the game (and of course as new finishing criteria for a scenario)?
You may want to check out

https://github.com/Dwachs/simutrans/blob/scripted/simutrans/pak/scenario/pharmacy-max.nut

VS

Lol, I knew you were up to something with the sudden demand for scenarios :P

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Severous

Completed a second time. This time without power and a month quicker: April  at 18:08h

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Pharmacy_Scenario_Go2.png

I kept a careful record of passenger and mail movements. 

• When the first mail was delivered to the Pharmacy, 1 bag, the pharmacy production bonus went from 0% to 11%. This added 15 to the Pharmacy (base production=132). Production maximum, then 145, became 160.  A little latter another 3 mail arrived. Mail bonus went up to 45%.  I got mail bonus up to 77% at one point. 
  • Passenger bonus however peaked at 16% despite transporting many more passengers to the Pharmacy.
  • Despite passengers having a higher demand and a 200% multiplier, mail delivery added far more to pharmacy production rate.
Thus to trigger big production bonus I need move only a little mail. Yet the passenger transport achieves little impact on the pharmacy sales??.  I also thought that making the pharmacy station a transport hub might increase pharmacy sales from passengers changing lines..that didnt happen :-( 

I wonder if this much higher production boost for mail was intended?

Pharmacy base stats:
Unmodified Production Max : 132
Max Boost: Electricity 25%, Passengers 200%, Mail 100%
Demand: Electricity 8, Passengers 1,584, Mail 36

Edit: If scenarios are being made...cheers!!!....will the foreign language players kindly point out any they think the International community might like but may have missed because they are tucked away in the separate language communities?  I for one am looking for games to play..ive tried all the ones in the arena/save games threads.
Regards
Sev.

prissi

Scripted Scenarios (and also AI, to reheat a *very* old topic) would be nice. ;)