News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Income received early when clicking schedule.

Started by alexbrainbox, January 06, 2012, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbrainbox

If I click schedule on a train that is currently transporting goods (coal from a mine to a power plant), then I receive some income for the distance the goods have already travelled. Upon reaching its final destination, the train only receives the remaining incom, not the full income again.
This happens on both the 110.0 default installation Ubuntu 11.04, and the 111.0 linux version. It also happens on both the standard and German paksets (on 110.0).

(Due to problems with activation emails I am in fact using a friends account, and will post as mad_maths_man once that issue has been resolved.)

prissi

This is fully intended, as we do not know which way you will sent the train next. Thus such a stop is treated like a stop at a station.

alexbrainbox

I don't see why this is necessary - why does the convoy (or goods) not just remember the last transfer station they were at, and then calculate income upon reaching the next transfer station?
Presumably this does mean that one of the best things you can do when nearing bankruptancy (if a little unscrupulous) is to open the schedules of all the long-distance convoys?

jamespetts

This does not occur in Experimental, where the system for calculating revenue is different.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

Quote from: alexbrainbox on January 07, 2012, 11:37:04 AM
Presumably this does mean that one of the best things you can do when nearing bankruptancy (if a little unscrupulous) is to open the schedules of all the long-distance convoys?

You would have gotten the money later anyway, so it's not unlikely that the creditors would agree to wait a bit longer. Besides, in the real world, money is paid at the start of the journey for passengers (not sure about goods), so in that case the money is already yours. Therefore, it is not really a way to cheat. It's just a bit odd that money suddenly gets added in your books when you open a schedule, nothing else. I just ignore it, just like I ignore vehicles cutting corners, that the terrain is either completely flat or too steep for normal trains to realisticly climb, and many other things.