News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bollards and private ways are annoying to use for now

Started by stmaker, November 17, 2011, 09:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

With reference of the link.

I downloaded the "Combined Road Signs" addon from the link given above and tried the private way (the sign with the bus icon). Somehow it didn't work because the buses "can't find the route". The only solution is to remove the ways.
I used it on v102 and it works, without public cars passing through it.

Then I used the rising bollards. It is quite annoying. Every time I switch a team, another team's bollards closed and have those "can't find the route" notification from that team.

I have a better idea. When I checked those box (selecting teams), the selected team(s)' vehicles are allowed to drive through the bollard while other teams aren't allowed. And when there are no buses/trucks passing through, the bollard will rise up (like a normal bollard in London).

Window should look like this (except the red text)

The bus goes to the direction given. When the bus is one tile before the bollard (bollard shown in red), the bollard will give way for the bus to move. Once the bus is cleared one tile after the bollard, it will rise up.

If the bus goes to other directions rather than forward, the bollard continues to stay in that way.

EDIT: I found a bug - on two views (NE, SW), the bollard didn't rise, while on the other two views (SW, NE), it rises.

Are there any working private ways I can use without that stupid "can't find a route" notification?

I am using Simutrans v111 pak128.r582 (nightly).
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

VS

Quote from: stmaker on November 17, 2011, 09:21:20 AM
Well, my idea is that when I checked those box (selecting teams), the selected team(s) are allowed through the bollard while other teams aren't allowed.
That's how they should work. If they don't, it's a program bug.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

stmaker

Quote from: VS on November 17, 2011, 09:46:53 AM
That's how they should work. If they don't, it's a program bug.

What I meant is that when I switch a team, another team isn't affected of the bollard (the bollard won't rise).
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

prissi

The sign is made for blocking other teams (in pak64 it is a barrier). The state show whether trucks of that team are allowed to drive through, in order for not checking the info window.

Thus the default is to only allow the own vehicles through this sign. That was what it is ment for, not for eyecandy. For normal gaming the only reason to use this, is to block city cars by not allowing public player.

What do you mean otherwise by private ways, if every other player can use them?

stmaker

Quote from: prissi on November 17, 2011, 10:50:08 AM
What do you mean otherwise by private ways, if every other player can use them?

Private ways I meant is on this link.

prissi

THis goes to an addon. I mean, what you think a private way sing should do.